Put them back they are totally tasteless even fresh out the sea we've had them every way you can think of we only fish for them for sport Coalfish Mackeral and flatties are much better eating......

are you serious coalfish better than pollock tried them both coalfish is only good for the dogs pollock fillet them make a batter up and deep fry them lovely

• Like 1

Mate i catch pollock all the time and i love them ,and the way i like to eat them is get some ordinary porrage oats onto a plate dip the pollock into an eggwash then the porrage oats and fry them in a pan of butter and olive oil untill golden.I realise the porrage oats thing might sound crazy but my mate is a chef and it was him told me to do it like that and believe me its delicious although at the time i thought he was yanking my chain.Mackeral are also lovely done in the oats too, gives it a nutty type of batter taste.One final point is i actually fooking hate porrage as a breakfast ,detest the stuff , but done with fish as described is a different story.Give it a rattle mate trust me you wont be disapointed.

Mate i catch pollock all the time and i love them ,and the way i like to eat them is get some ordinary porrage oats onto a plate dip the pollock into an eggwash then the porrage oats and fry them in a pan of butter and olive oil untill golden.I realise the porrage oats thing might sound crazy but my mate is a chef and it was him told me to do it like that and believe me its delicious although at the time i thought he was yanking my chain.Mackeral are also lovely done in the oats too, gives it a nutty type of batter taste.One final point is i actually fooking hate porrage as a breakfast ,detest the stuff , but done with fish as described is a different story.Give it a rattle mate trust me you wont be disapointed.

Made me hungry lol, despite having just eaten a great dinner!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like Pollack, we get a lot off the wrecks down here...

Beer battered and fried not much different to cod,

Roll in flour, salt and pepper and fry in the pan with butter, parsley and dill

In the oven tinfoil with butter, salt pepper parsley etc

Cube it and use it in a fish pie

It's a decent alround white fish mate..

Pollock can be watery but I find it makes fantastic fish pie.

Poach fish in milk ( I like to add chopped garlic, wild garlic at this time of year is out so use that instead)

Once fish is pretty much cooked through, drain the fishy milk and use it to make a cheese sauce. (PM me if you need a good CS recipe)
Shove fish + sauce in a casserole dish, add some veg (Anything really) peas, sweetcorn, spinach, few chunks of carrot or whatever you like.
Top with mashed potato and bake in oven until the top is brown, add a little grated cheese and fresh parsley and bingo. fit for a king.