BEST JACKET WINDPROOF WATERPROOF FOR AROUND £150

I've tried many and have paid the price and in the end have come to the conclusion that for true value for money lightweight, waterproof and breathable jackets or trousers, you won't go far wrong with good old Gortex DPMs.

I bought a brand new suit earlier this year for under £35 and that included the postage. OK not everyone wants to walk around in camo, but standing next to someone in a "name" jacket costing ten times as much, I know who'd be just as dry with a grin from ear to ear.

Think before throwing hard earned readies away mate.

Al :drink:

I was thinking of asking this same question :drink:

I have been looking at the Seeland Beater Jacket and the DeerHunter Montana. Not sure what yet, Montana probs as it has the flecce too.

One essential for me is nice warm chest pockets.......

H&J :thumbs:

EDIT> Deako, you going to be at the Midlands? Im not going to the CLA :(

Edited by Hob&Jill

I've some Beerhunter stuff mate and its good gear, a green goretex or beertex i think they call it and a reversable Ram jacket, Good stuff and not too expensive. :victory:

I got mine from Thomas Bells in Brigg, very good prices on all they're Beerhunter stuff. :thumbs:

Mad Al is right though, the ex forces dpm goretex stuff is the dogs kahounas for knocking around in.all depends on what you want and what you want to look like.

Try these links

http://www.milisupply.com/waterproofs.htm

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/flcgs1ua.html

I did have a Barbour Endourance coat, very good, very light and totally weatherproof, well worth the money in my opinion if you like to look a bit tidier, only reason i sold it was i never wore it. :doh:

I got one of these a while ago, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=220112761717

and it's the dog danglies! Superb in really bad, wet, cold weather and 100% windproof. I've also got a good Aigle Polombe jacket that's excellent. A couple of mates had the Deerhunter stuff and they've binned them. It looks pretty and sounds good but doesn't do the business in hard weather.

Personally, i dont rate this Gortex stuff at all, i've bought a few jackets and leggings over the years all claiming to be 100% waterproof, but in reality very very few, if any of them are.

A few years back i bought a ECWS American parka and leggings from a guy on ebay who deals directly with the yanks up in some base in Cambridge, it's a tidy enough jacket, but no way is it 100% waterproof and the trousers are even worse.

Here

Cragman on here has reccomended a few times leggings and a jacket made by Aigle which seem to be very good in the wet, and some other good waterproof clothing i've heard reccomended can be found

Here

Also heard a few weeks back a guy reccomending some leggings made by Deerhunter costing about £75 - £80, he said his mate bought a pair and was out all day in heavy rain with the hounds on a quad and they kept him bone dry.... :hmm: ....i'd have to try them myself though.

SINDASOX :thumbs: