137 replies to this topic

#121 oldred58

oldred58

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:58 am

He was a rabbiting dog, And that was his purpors, but run and killed fox when we come across them on the lamp, I Did not go with the lamp especialy for fox, He was used for ferreting, He was also used on Top when terriers were to ground on fox, for bolters, and for terriers boltig fox out of cover, As for how many fox in one night 3 the most, and a bag full of rabbits, The most in a week, I would lying to make a guess, never counted in a season, Like i say he was a rabbiting dog, I ran him on a fox when he was 18 mounths old, he took hold and the fox put a fang through his mussel he yelped, then went crazy on it and hated them with vengence after, He rarelly  took a bite after, he just seemed to have the nack.  PRE. BAN.

• Frank.2 likes this

#122 jossa

jossa

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:00 pm

I know its not a 1st cross collie gey, but I have had deerhound greyhound collie greyhounds for 12- 13yr and I cant knock them. My uncle has has bred them for 25yrs you will of seen them on the strictley lamping videos etc. I have a dog in now 27tts and he is the ideal all round dog, takes all quarry single handed. You dont need this bull x breed there ideal for drawing dogs but thats about it!!

• shaaark likes this

#123 troter58

troter58

Crash Test Dummy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:05 pm

collie crosses can and do well on teeth seen a few good at that job thing is with the bull cross is it being able to catch the fox first not the best catch dogs unless your tossing it out of the 4x4 on top of them  :D atb

• lapin2008, shaaark and jossa like this

#124 paulsmithy83

paulsmithy83

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:19 pm

the moral to this is, that other types of lurcher can and do take fox, there is so much hype on here bullx this bullx that, a 70/80 pound dog to a 14/18 poound fox, I like my dogs to be more than one trick ponys, to lamp fox at night and ferret with the same dog next the morning a good all round lucher, Every man to his own

You ever seen a bull/greyhound work ? Mine is used for abit of everything.
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s672...
http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s672...
x nonsense make me laugh I seen just as many bull x jibb as collie x I think it down dog either wanna do em or not. Bull x can do abit of everythin but depends on your standards to me bull x got to many limits stamina a big issue and not havin a brain depletes em quickly and most dnt hav any gears this were lurcher to lurcher cones in merry blood together and in hope hav far better animal then the straight bull grey or collie grey or even saluki/grey but kid you not plenty collie X out ther smashing teeth week in week out same as plenty bull x to

#125 csd_88

csd_88

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:15 pm

Got me in tears this thread, bullsgit from from start to finish pmsl

#126 shaaark

shaaark

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:48 pm

Got me in tears this thread, bullsgit from from start to finish pmsl

Why's that fella? 8)

#127 oldred58

oldred58

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:24 pm

:icon_eek:   :cray:            :hmm:

• kps1979 likes this

#128 spindolero

spindolero

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,789 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:05 pm

collie crosses can and do well on teeth seen a few good at that job thing is with the bull cross is it being able to catch the fox first not the best catch dogs unless your tossing it out of the 4x4 on top of them  :D atb

not sure on that, have seen some very quick and athletic bull X's - the cobbier ones have often been first cross litter wastage or line bred dogs with a job in mind.

that said plenty of waste in first cross collie X litter.

• mighty celt likes this

#129 Sambo-H

Sambo-H

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:23 pm

i had a hancock blue merl half cross dog really thick set dog fast agil gud alrounder day or nite he would kill fox quicker then any bull cross just used to line them up and hit them like a train and hardly get a nip IF it want ie if dint exercise him that week hardly he was great but if exercised him every day not a chance couldt be arsed jst ran with them wunt even strike

Edited by Sambo-H, 28 February 2013 - 09:24 pm.

#130 lucky

lucky

Subscribed Member

• Donator
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:26 am

I've seen some very good collie crosses on fox, and i've seen some shit aswell but most of the hype surrounding bullcrosses these days is only that "hype" because the bulls used to create them are nothing like in the same league as the bulls originally used to create the bullcross.

Without the right blood your just setting yourself up to fail, whatever the cross..... ;)

• spindolero, Tiny 7 and freelance like this

#131 All-terrain

All-terrain

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 2,840 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:28 pm

A collie greyhound couldn't kill a fox could it?

:laugh:
I thought only bull x could kill foxes that's all mate,arn't collie crosses for sheep?

#132 oldred58

oldred58

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:34 pm

A collie greyhound couldn't kill a fox could it?

:laugh:
I thought only bull x could kill foxes that's all mate,arn't collie crosses for sheep?

:laugh:  :laugh:  :duh:  :whistling:

#133 bird

bird

6 foot and 12stone 7lb

• Donator
  • 13,608 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:18 pm

I've seen some very good collie crosses on fox, and i've seen some shit aswell but most of the hype surrounding bullcrosses these days is only that "hype" because the bulls used to create them are nothing like in the same league as the bulls originally used to create the bullcross.

Without the right blood your just setting yourself up to fail, whatever the cross..... ;)

very true  you need the right blood to be in with a fighting chance, thats why went for my pup both from good lines top gsd and top greyhound , but you still need that bit of luck with any pup that you pick :yes:

#134 morton

morton

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:43 pm

very true  you need the right blood to be in with a fighting chance, thats why went for my pup both from good lines top gsd and top greyhound , but you still need that bit of luck with any pup that you pick :yes:

As soon as you start waiting for luck in the breeding,well?.

#135 lurchers ireland

lurchers ireland

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:39 pm

my collie hound x wheaton hound came more like the wheaton

• oldred58 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users