Collie Xs Taking Fox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then

Calibre of rifle that's killed the most foxs......22lr   Dog that's killed the most foxs. .farm collie.   We used to manage before bull x Nike trainers and joggin bottoms..lol

There are some tremendous bull X's out there, but they gave people a short cut to a dog that would work biting game from 12 months onwards, with no real need to enter carefully. (Similar to the black

Posted Images

your right mate :thumbs:

when the pitbull was first recognised it was get it bred to terriers lurchers the hole works now a day any terrier that does a bit, is a one dig wonder then your back to the drawing table,,

waste of :censored: time they are.. stick with your collie xs best dog about :laugh:

• Like 1

My pal had a 1st x collie greyhound from hancocks richard jones to a bitch called molly , he was 26 tts and strong he killed plenty foxes day and night , maybe not as quick at killing as a well bred bull x but he managed them without to mutch fuss

my dog in the post Blaze had the same sire as above, to a 1/4 collie 3/4 grey bitch, as said he would do foxes no prob. Blaze came from north wales, where did your mate dog come from.?

problem with bull xs they take punishment and before to long there retired due to injury as every bite gets harder to heel, :yes:

now the collie xs i seen which match bul xs for numbers any day are tactfull they take there time a bit more :yes: ,do abit of boxing and job done, :thumbs: they just dont go in like a bull in a china shop taking any hold they can,so in my line of work give me a collie x anyday,also if its pairing up your doing theres no better pair to take them down then the collie x :thumbs:

• Like 4

problem with bull xs they take punishment and before to long there retired due to injury as every bite gets harder to heel, :yes:

now the collie xs i seen which match bul xs for numbers any day are tactfull they take there time a bit more :yes: ,do abit of boxing and job done, :thumbs: they just dont go in like a bull in a china shop taking any hold they can,so in my line of work give me a collie x anyday,also if its pairing up your doing theres no better pair to take them down then the collie x :thumbs: complete garbage retired through bites from reds ha ha , having the no fear factor to take hold anywhere will make the difference in numbers . having doubled up animals just aint fox dogs thats just getting by with totall rubish give them both the plug or betta still use them where they may be able handle the stuff single . sorry for the straight up reply but ya sees thats just about how it is straight .to many today seem to try and over cook the broth with inferior stock, atb bunnys.

• Like 1

now the collie xs i seen which match bul xs for numbers any day are tactfull they take there time a bit more :yes: ,do abit of boxing and job done, :thumbs: they just dont go in like a bull in a china shop taking any hold they can,so in my line of work give me a collie x anyday,also if its pairing up your doing theres no better pair to take them down then the collie x :thumbs: complete garbage retired through bites from reds ha ha , having the no fear factor to take hold anywhere will make the difference in numbers . having doubled up animals just aint fox dogs thats just getting by with totall rubish give them both the plug or betta still use them where they may be able handle the stuff single . sorry for the straight up reply but ya sees thats just about how it is straight .to many today seem to try and over cook the broth with inferior stock, atb bunnys.

i suppose we all get a bit breed blind, and it comes down really to( each) dog to what job they are good at. And regards quarry that bites back ,and doing this quarry regular well i think you need a good lump of the the right bull terrier in there 1x or 3/8 to running dog. As said Blaze the collie x grey that i had would do foxes or cats no prob at all, he used to like fight i think, as after he done them he would bounce around like he just caught his 1st rabbit when he was pup :laugh: .But i didnt just look for the biting job when out, he did kill 3-4 a week if i could get+catch them, but i he wasnt a fox dog like some lads out with there dogs just doing old charlie and nothing else, he prob get sick of it, as hearding dogs to be honset do (think) to much at times, will be interesting how my 1x gsd x grey turns out as they are a thinking type dog .??

sorry bunnys dont agree with you, :thumbs:

iam not talking 3 or 4 fox a season iam talking 3 or 4 a night a few nights a week and how many lads have had bull xs that take neck holds and dont get bit not many i bet because all the bull xs i seen and i seen a lot run just grab anywhere as soon as they can, :thumbs:

The thing with bullxs there more consistent. where as only the odd collie cross would have took fox pre ban nearly all well bred bullxs would of took them. obviously dogs with more bull in them strike more naturally as they use the teeth more. where as some dogs with other breeding tended to run them round more. the other thing is even the best collie crosses that did take them would never match a bull x for gameness.

my dogs we allntitled to oppinion and respect thyne , but what i would saywhats all this abit of boxing . the red fella when in deep winter aint hanging about to take a round a 2 . agressive reds just pror to breeding season are and can be a different kettle of fish than those early in the fall . i fear those type of animals hanging and waiting for the time to strike will go on to miss many reds deep winter collie xs can and will take reds , but on the whole well bred terrier types are in a whole diferent league i believe ther may not be to many on this threadf that have sen a good single animal take double figures over a week outings and it would be a fact that the said animal that as taken doubles in the day would be a bull xs no worrying aboiurt a throat hold just a singlre bone crunching bite across the spine , killing on impact there have been the types that would disembowel on inmpact no need for a throat hold there be those types that take them across the back andd retrieve them still semi alive no need for a throat hold the old red could not inflict a single bite in these cases totally diferent ball game and approach , real fox type takers preban do not need to box they would be culls to some believe ,me but for those whos animal levels are on ly perhaps 2 ta 3 a night do not be forlorn reds deep winter like the long ear are a different kettle of fish , and takes a step above the average to take them in numbers and these could be found preban of course .atb bunnys.

• Like 3

For me collie x is bread for herding sheep ... apbt was bread to fight having more jaw power + all the other things needed to fight ,,, while I like both types of lurchers .. Ive seen with my own eyes which works best on foxes.... while I realy like the collie x It has not got the tools for the job of killing foxes..Ive seen good collie x's too with great heart but to be fair they are not in same league as a good bullx on fox... Its a bit like a middle weight fighting a heavy weight you admire the middle weight but something tells you who's going to win in end ... I am taking the best collie x fox dog against the best bullx fox here only a fool would bet on the colliex... Both types of lurchers are bread for differant things :thumbs: All in past now anyway happy hunting :angel:

• Like 1