Collie Xs Taking Fox

also its worth remembering the other ingredient in the cross. and it generally kills anything put in front of it in fine style. the greyhound :yes: . some however are better than others at the finishing side of things :icon_eek:

Thats very true. Years ago, the first time i slipped my old greyhound bitch on a fox she overtook it like a ferrari overtaking a motability scooter! Lol! And as she went over the top of it her head went down and came up again with the fox by the shoulders shaking. As she came to a stop she dropped it and it was stone dead. Something i will never forget :)

• Like 2

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then

Calibre of rifle that's killed the most foxs......22lr   Dog that's killed the most foxs. .farm collie.   We used to manage before bull x Nike trainers and joggin bottoms..lol

There are some tremendous bull X's out there, but they gave people a short cut to a dog that would work biting game from 12 months onwards, with no real need to enter carefully. (Similar to the black

Posted Images

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then kill a fox in the same field,a good all round lucher.

attachicon.gifworking team resize.jpg

attachicon.gifOld red resized 1.jpg

attachicon.gifOldred fox resized 2.jpg

attachicon.gifred mog 4.jpg

proper old pictures them mate,i know that face from somewhere,

the moral to this is, that other types of lurcher can and do take fox, there is so much hype on here bullx this bullx that, a 70/80 pound dog to a 14/18 poound fox, I like my dogs to be more than one trick ponys, to lamp fox at night and ferret with the same dog next the morning a good all round lucher, Every man to his own

You ever seen a bull/greyhound work ? Mine is used for abit of everything.

87A209B8-BD9A-4566-9612-9583531660C9-702

F6B243C9-8AB3-4D80-8E02-B81DD732F236-707

also its worth remembering the other ingredient in the cross. and it generally kills anything put in front of it in fine style. the greyhound :yes: . some however are better than others at the finishing side of things :icon_eek:

Thats very true. Years ago, the first time i slipped my old greyhound bitch on a fox she overtook it like a ferrari overtaking a motability scooter! Lol! And as she went over the top of it her head went down and came up again with the fox by the shoulders shaking. As she came to a stop she dropped it and it was stone dead. Something i will never forget :)

some dogs can kill on impact.........hitting them flat out..............

its not consistant but it happens

I really look forward to adding this blood into my tracking dogs bunnys. I cant speak to highly of said dog. Ive hunted alongside most aussie pig dogs from dogo's to mastiffs to bull arab's, and honestly this dog is at the top of the tree, and can use brain as well as brawn when needed, which is essential for boar work. Far from a 1 trick pony. Its not that its a bull grey, I see the dog as an individual, and hope to add his qualities, as well as his ancestors. He is not only a great worker, but a great softie around dogs and stock too. lovely beasty indeed.

is it a ebt x grey, or a pit x grey mate, as i know the ebtx grey is popular in Oz as pig dogs, and most use ebt more than pit x greys.??

Yes EBT are the more common breed in the established pig dog lines in Aus. Lugging a pig dont need too much gameness, or you end up with a battle that a dog wont win, Saying that, many pure pit bulls make decent luggers if entered young enough to learn to respect for the pigs. The dog I speak of is a UK bull grey, and probably the best individual pest control dog I've seen that works all from rats to boar. Ive seen us walk bleak moors for hours before the dog hits an old scent and bee lines it into the distance, only to bump his fox, course it, and kill it. For nose work, Ive never seen a lurcher as good, for strength, he is some machine, brains he has the lot, and decent feet too. His coat sucks, and he is a c**t for being a selfish sort of hunter, but Ive seen enough of him to know that he is a proper tool. He will go nicely over my best boar bitch.

All the best

Tusker

Yes EBT are the more common breed in the established pig dog lines in Aus. Lugging a pig dont need too much gameness, or you end up with a battle that a dog wont win, Saying that, many pure pit bulls make decent luggers if entered young enough to learn to respect for the pigs. The dog I speak of is a UK bull grey, and probably the best individual pest control dog I've seen that works all from rats to boar. Ive seen us walk bleak moors for hours before the dog hits an old scent and bee lines it into the distance, only to bump his fox, course it, and kill it. For nose work, Ive never seen a lurcher as good, for strength, he is some machine, brains he has the lot, and decent feet too. His coat sucks, and he is a c**t for being a selfish sort of hunter, but Ive seen enough of him to know that he is a proper tool. He will go nicely over my best boar bitch.

All the best

Tusker

send us few pics on pm mate would like to see it. :thumbs:

Don't forget that the American lads don't use bull crosses on their coyote dogs and they have easy access to better bull lines than us Brits, but I think that's half the problem us Brits f**k up a lot of the good stuff we have, their shouldn't be any reason that a collie x doesn't take fox but alot don't, personally I think collie breeds aren't what they used to be.

• Like 1

collie hounds are more athletic than bull crosses as the bull is a terrier ,collies will also catch more in daylight as they have the brain to be in the right position, saying that their is loads of good bull crosses that are top class and each to his own. i prefer collie crosses because they will catch alot more fo me than a bull would and are an all round dog, two foxes i have bushed recently were only caught due how quick the bitch was across the ground

• Like 3

collie hounds are more athletic than bull crosses as the bull is a terrier ,collies will also catch more in daylight as they have the brain to be in the right position, saying that their is loads of good bull crosses that are top class and each to his own. i prefer collie crosses because they will catch alot more fo me than a bull would and are an all round dog, two foxes i have bushed recently were only caught due how quick the bitch was across the ground

im glad you said it ...................they aint that easy to catch ,.its ok saying they can deal with it but they have to catch them first and in a heavy bred bull lurcher they do struggle......................

• Like 3

im glad you said it ...................they aint that easy to catch ,.its ok saying they can deal with it but they have to catch them first and in a heavy bred bull lurcher they do struggle......................

true the heavy set dogs with the big bucket heads do struggle.but the racey 3/4grey1/4 bull can catch as well as any collie my friend has one bread dis way and she dont miss much.seen some racey 5/8 3/8 dogs that were good dogs to,im not biased in any way as my lurcher has collie and bull in her breeding,most collies wont last the distance as a fox dog apart from the odd 1 single handed anyway, its a lot diffrent when there doubled up.new of a collie cross would take them all night doubled up but would just tail them on his own.

• Like 1