Collie Xs Taking Fox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then

Calibre of rifle that's killed the most foxs......22lr   Dog that's killed the most foxs. .farm collie.   We used to manage before bull x Nike trainers and joggin bottoms..lol

There are some tremendous bull X's out there, but they gave people a short cut to a dog that would work biting game from 12 months onwards, with no real need to enter carefully. (Similar to the black

Posted Images

Nice looking dog mate. Ive seen plenty of collie lurchers kill the odd fox but whether they could do numbers night after night is another story ....

Oh and as for the catching a rabbit then a fox ? My bull/greyhound done exactly that last week.

Atb

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then kill a fox in the same field,a good all round lucher.

attachicon.gifworking team resize.jpg

attachicon.gifOld red resized 1.jpg

attachicon.gifOldred fox resized 2.jpg

attachicon.gifred mog 4.jpg

nice strong looking dog pal ;)

Yeah nowt wrong a good collie cross. But to be honest there are so many about that wont entertain teeth it gives them a bad name, but then ive seen bull crosses turn a nose at them. The likes of handcock breeding from any old shit will likely add to the trash. In my opinion each and every longdog or lurcher should handle a fox, or at least be keen, as ye cant expect a whippet to take a few each night of the week. Boils my piss when some dogs refuse teeth point blank, thats a failed lurcher if I owned it. Just my opinions, so please folks dont bite my head off. I know there are some good handcock dogs out there, but for each good'un, how many jibbers were bred?

Nice to hear about you dog old red, looks a topper and obviously does its work with style. Thats what its all about, not what cross it is. All the best

• Like 4

I've seen a big collie cross like the one at the top of the post..it would murder them single handed sometimes untill the gut's where hanging out..a one off i am sure.. :whistling: ..i seen the same dog cave it's own skull in and kill it;s self chasing one..

• Like 1

you will get a lot of colliex that will take 5 or 6 a season.but if its your main quarry that you go out for 2 or 3 times a week alot of them will turn there noses not all but most,would like to have a good 3/4 grey 1/4 collie for the job as they make cracking catch dogs but will they last its a big gamble.

• Like 3

you will get a lot of colliex that will take 5 or 6 a season.but if its your main quarry that you go out for 2 or 3 times a week alot of them will turn there noses not all but most,would like to have a good 3/4 grey 1/4 collie for the job as they make cracking catch dogs but will they last its a big gamble.

fair point that, i had a 3/8 collie 5/8 grey Blaze 26in dog, loved doing foxes, Fcats, more than rabbits lol. I would say doing things that bite back wasnt his only job , but did take fair few with him, not like some lads who just look for old charlie. Prob if i had just done them most nights and nothing else, he would have had enough, but took 3-4 most weeks+ rabbits,( every week) if i could catch them so he had few over the season, this was in late 80s . But for teeth job, nothing will better a bullx :yes: i spoke about blaze before regards this post .! he was a good honest dog :thumbs:

Blaze

blaze.jpg

• Like 8

i hav a 3/4 grey 1/4 collie and he is a savage on a fox will do as many in the week as any other breed i had including wheaton xs and bull crosses only difference is u dont need to get foxs in half as close for him if u give him half a chance he will normaly catch his just a real good alrounder and a real honest dog i think people get too caught up in breeds when i started off in lurchers every one just kept all rounders dogs that would take hare/rabbit/fox even the odd pheasent and there was allways a bit of collie in them somewhere but there is good and bad in every breed and i hav seen as many bull crosses fail to take fox as i hav seen collie crosses fail :thumbs: cheers brian

• Like 5