Collie Xs Taking Fox

I know its not a 1st cross collie gey, but I have had deerhound greyhound collie greyhounds for 12- 13yr and I cant knock them. My uncle has has bred them for 25yrs you will of seen them on the strictley lamping videos etc. I have a dog in now 27tts and he is the ideal all round dog, takes all quarry single handed. You dont need this bull x breed there ideal for drawing dogs but thats about it!!

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then

Calibre of rifle that's killed the most foxs......22lr   Dog that's killed the most foxs. .farm collie.   We used to manage before bull x Nike trainers and joggin bottoms..lol

There are some tremendous bull X's out there, but they gave people a short cut to a dog that would work biting game from 12 months onwards, with no real need to enter carefully. (Similar to the black

Posted Images

the moral to this is, that other types of lurcher can and do take fox, there is so much hype on here bullx this bullx that, a 70/80 pound dog to a 14/18 poound fox, I like my dogs to be more than one trick ponys, to lamp fox at night and ferret with the same dog next the morning a good all round lucher, Every man to his own

You ever seen a bull/greyhound work ? Mine is used for abit of everything.

87A209B8-BD9A-4566-9612-9583531660C9-702

F6B243C9-8AB3-4D80-8E02-B81DD732F236-707

x nonsense make me laugh I seen just as many bull x jibb as collie x I think it down dog either wanna do em or not. Bull x can do abit of everythin but depends on your standards to me bull x got to many limits stamina a big issue and not havin a brain depletes em quickly and most dnt hav any gears this were lurcher to lurcher cones in merry blood together and in hope hav far better animal then the straight bull grey or collie grey or even saluki/grey but kid you not plenty collie X out ther smashing teeth week in week out same as plenty bull x to

collie crosses can and do well on teeth seen a few good at that job thing is with the bull cross is it being able to catch the fox first not the best catch dogs unless your tossing it out of the 4x4 on top of them :D atb

not sure on that, have seen some very quick and athletic bull X's - the cobbier ones have often been first cross litter wastage or line bred dogs with a job in mind.

that said plenty of waste in first cross collie X litter.

• Like 1

i had a hancock blue merl half cross dog really thick set dog fast agil gud alrounder day or nite he would kill fox quicker then any bull cross just used to line them up and hit them like a train and hardly get a nip IF it want ie if dint exercise him that week hardly he was great but if exercised him every day not a chance couldt be arsed jst ran with them wunt even strike

Edited by Sambo-H

I've seen some very good collie crosses on fox, and i've seen some shit aswell but most of the hype surrounding bullcrosses these days is only that "hype" because the bulls used to create them are nothing like in the same league as the bulls originally used to create the bullcross.

Without the right blood your just setting yourself up to fail, whatever the cross..... ;)

• Like 4

I've seen some very good collie crosses on fox, and i've seen some shit aswell but most of the hype surrounding bullcrosses these days is only that "hype" because the bulls used to create them are nothing like in the same league as the bulls originally used to create the bullcross.

Without the right blood your just setting yourself up to fail, whatever the cross..... ;)

very true you need the right blood to be in with a fighting chance, thats why went for my pup both from good lines top gsd and top greyhound , but you still need that bit of luck with any pup that you pick :yes:

very true you need the right blood to be in with a fighting chance, thats why went for my pup both from good lines top gsd and top greyhound , but you still need that bit of luck with any pup that you pick :yes:

As soon as you start waiting for luck in the breeding,well?.

my collie hound x wheaton hound came more like the wheaton copperandme_zps0806534d.png

Nice looking animal. I have a bitch that is first cross to first cross c/h w/h. She looks more like a bullx with a thick smooth coat. Is yours a dog or a bitch. Atb gvc