Collie Xs Taking Fox

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you hear bull x this & bull x that taking foxes, but the best I have owned is first x collie, he would take fox day & night all single handed, he would carry a rabbit back to hand alive then

Calibre of rifle that's killed the most foxs......22lr   Dog that's killed the most foxs. .farm collie.   We used to manage before bull x Nike trainers and joggin bottoms..lol

There are some tremendous bull X's out there, but they gave people a short cut to a dog that would work biting game from 12 months onwards, with no real need to enter carefully. (Similar to the black

Posted Images

My pal had a 1st x collie greyhound from hancocks richard jones to a bitch called molly , he was 26 tts and strong he killed plenty foxes day and night , maybe not as quick at killing as a well bred bull x but he managed them without to mutch fuss

my dog in the post Blaze had the same sire as above, to a 1/4 collie 3/4 grey bitch, as said he would do foxes no prob. Blaze came from north wales, where did your mate dog come from.?

My pal got the dog from hancock , richard jones seemed to throw alot of pups that handled the sharp end

• Like 1

My pal had a 1st x collie greyhound from hancocks richard jones to a bitch called molly , he was 26 tts and strong he killed plenty foxes day and night , maybe not as quick at killing as a well bred bull x but he managed them without to mutch fuss

my dog in the post Blaze had the same sire as above, to a 1/4 collie 3/4 grey bitch, as said he would do foxes no prob. Blaze came from north wales, where did your mate dog come from.?

My pal got the dog from hancock , richard jones seemed to throw alot of pups that handled the sharp end

My dog out of Richard Jones was the best I'd seen on fox (at that time, early eighties) Seen better since, certainly on individual foxes but that dog didn't take much punishment, killed them quickly and also retrieved them LOL.

The twat that stole him got a decent animal :cray:

Cheers, D.

He was a rabbiting dog, And that was his purpors, but run and killed fox when we come across them on the lamp, I Did not go with the lamp especialy for fox, He was used for ferreting, He was also used on Top when terriers were to ground on fox, for bolters, and for terriers boltig fox out of cover, As for how many fox in one night 3 the most, and a bag full of rabbits, The most in a week, I would lying to make a guess, never counted in a season, Like i say he was a rabbiting dog, I ran him on a fox when he was 18 mounths old, he took hold and the fox put a fang through his mussel he yelped, then went crazy on it and hated them with vengence after, He rarelly took a bite after, he just seemed to have the nack. PRE. BAN.

• Like 2