Matching Your Dog....

What's the point? Look at the hassle it causes. If your dog wins, does it make it a better dog or you a better dog man? I know folk like to test there dogs against the best but do you really need to get together and do this in a match? After all, it's your dog against the hare at the end of the day. It's got to be about the money, nowadays anyway. Maybe in the past it was about having the best but I don't think that's the case now.

• Like 8

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always baffles me why people try and shoot down the achievements of good dogs? What does it prove apart from making them look like jealous fuckers? Just man up,tip your hat and say well done that dog

its about having the best dog for me. i love condition my dogs and getting them as fit as i can. not about money for me i spend a good few quid on them with cars,fuel,fines,feeding and most of all tim

What's the point? Look at the hassle it causes. If your dog wins, does it make it a better dog or you a better dog man? I know folk like to test there dogs against the best but do you really need to g

Posted Images

I think it is more about fame and noteriety for some, obviously money will come into it down the line if a dog makes a name for itself either on the land or nowadays on the computer. Still some lads get out for the banter and the sport but a lot want to be famous lol

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 1

if its done for fun and for the right reasons,sadly though that is very rarely the case.i wouldnt do it,far to many lads up thier own arse when it comes to thier dogs,and just downright nasty when it comes to others dogs.it does not suprise me btw,and its far from a hunting trait. rememeber i grew up around greyhound men and no one and i mean no one,will beat them for telling lies and slagging of others dogs lol

every greyhound man will knock spots of the time it done,and add pounds on to the price they paid for it.to many lads in it for the glory which is not a good reason to take up dogs imo

• Like 2

its about having the best dog for me. i love condition my dogs and getting them as fit as i can. not about money for me i spend a good few quid on them with cars,fuel,fines,feeding and most of all time. ive never made 1p

i definitley wouldnt make anything out of mine :laugh: i understand the going out with a few mates and all that, i even get testeing against another dog, but i will never get what happens afterwards :hmm:

its about having the best dog for me. i love condition my dogs and getting them as fit as i can. not about money for me i spend a good few quid on them with cars,fuel,fines,feeding and most of all time. ive never made 1p

i definitley wouldnt make anything out of mine :laugh: i understand the going out with a few mates and all that, i even get testeing against another dog, but i will never get what happens afterwards :hmm:
me too

Without sounding like I want to mount you lol. You've always came over as one of the very few genuine ones. A trait that's sadly lacking in the day walkers sadly.

• Like 4

Can be a good crack when just out with mates, looser buys the first 2 rounds.

But for big money, too much hassel. Oh, and you need a good dog.

Think everyone does that with the mates. No reputation at stake there. It's when the egos are threatened it brings out the worst I think. Some folk take themselves way too serious.

• Like 3

When we had the lamping comp on here, everyone i met was in it for the right reason, just a bit of crack, and getting out on some other land with decent lads.

Shame it didnt carry on really.

Edited by Paid
  • Like 1

When uve got a good dog the pressure on you is serious if you match you get crabbed if you don't match you get crabbed for hiding it not showing it. I was over for a week last week cost me a small fortune it was a fxxk up cudnt run my dogs like I normally do worrying they get hurt tryn get them recovery time. Matching is part of dog game always was always will be. Sadly there's no sports men in it anymore when the expected dog dosnt win it effects there money programme so they crab other dog to death try take away the fact there dog didn't win. Like last week imo.

• Like 2

dont you just get sick of all the bullshit ,,maybe the young kids are impressed by all the hype and bollox ,and it sells the name !!,.me im quit comfortable to do my own thing . years ago i did like to go out on a sunday morning and have a race with a few guys , times have changed ,and i wonder just why folk would want to admitt to doing stuff that could get there dogs taken off them and so on , is beyond me . !!still seems dogs are passed about like sweetys today seems the norm ...f..ck im getting old !! just cant get my head round all this :laugh:

• Like 4