Why would you go for mass produced catapult like gamekeeper johns?

Theres loads of catty makers out there who sell good ones....far better than i do....

Get yourself some decent wood or marine ply....draw a shape on you like, cut it out, sand it and put elastic of your choice on.

Just as good as gk johns, if not better :yes:

Even better, get yourself into the woods and find a nice natural fork ( Y )...

Hes knocking them out at 100's a day....

• Like 1

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I grew up using a catty ,, I never saw many gypsys in the minning village I grew up in ..but I did make the wooden lead moulds .. I used to shoot anything with my catty from house sparrows off roof fo

has any one got john webbs details please i fancy a nice catty

ha ha im no golfer bud

I totally agree with you blue pocket rocket ,, gk jhon churns them out all day and puts no personal touch into them ,, there is a great sense of satisfaction when you finish your first catapult as you know YOU have made it ,, also there are far better makers than gaykeeper lol

• Like 1

Catties are brilliant :yes: I use to smash windows with mine.. Use to love going down the local scrap yard and blasting all the windows out of old cars, well any car would do. I even blasted out the window on my old mans Merc but he was a right tosser anyway so i did it on his Landy aswell. I shot my mate once aswell but he deserved it, he was a bit of a nobb. Must admit though, there usefull for blasting pheasent pigions and dog's and cats aswell.Well to be totaly honest there pritty dam usfull thing for a mischevuss little Ba*ta*d like i was back in the days :laugh: I could take a pigions head off with a bit of broken slate with ease with my old black widow. I grew up on a gypsy site and might i add, These boys are LEATHEL with them I sh*t you not..you wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of a van full of gypsy boys with Hand Made sling's..NO NO.!!

Anyway..Sorry about that....Just a few childhood memories coming back to haunt me. By the way, we use to have wooden moulds and we'd would go around finding old lead and melt them into balls..WITH DEVASTATING EFFECT.!!

Marty

Edited by Probuk
  • Like 1

dont think u will get any were near the quality of johns cattys

John cuts them out, routers the edges, adds bandgrooves with a dremmel and sprays them in polyeurathene.

So is this not as good as gk johns?

20130205_190021_zpsf8aa38af.jpg

:yes:

Tell me why an un even natural fork, or a hand filed design is better than on of gk johns?

Because you made it, from start to finish with your personal touch :yes:

Not mass produced.

• Like 1

The gypsys i grew up with use to cut a bit of hazel or other kind of tree and just fasten a black widow sling on them with cotton and leather..farnish them up, round all the ends off and away they went. I never saw them buy one.

Edited by Probuk
  • Like 1

The gypsys i grew up with use to cut a bit of hazel or other kind of tree and just fasten a black widow sling on them cotton and leather..farnish them up round all the ends off and away they went. I never saw them but one.

I grew up using a catty ,, I never saw many gypsys in the minning village I grew up in ..but I did make the wooden lead moulds .. I used to shoot anything with my catty from house sparrows off roof for ferrets ... Even had catty wars with my own made catty against my mate with his black widow.. only 1.77 airgun pellets could be shot at each other but they hurt like hell on arse .. why would you want to pay over odds for a catty.. ;)

• Like 2

Gamekeeper john makes a good catapult.

But im just saying it takes him about 15 minutes to fire one out.

Hes got a conveyor belt of cutting.....routering.....drilling.....sanding....spraying....

He must do about 30 at each stage....

No personal touch, unless you want to pay the bigger bucks.

The 'fancy' designs are due to the layers in the multiplex that he uses, just use the dremmel.

My point is, you can make one similar...it may not be as good aesthetically.....but you made it so it will be worth more to you :yes:

I think you'll get much more pleasure making one of your own :yes: There a easy to make :thumbs:

The ones your showing on here, personally i wouldnt give you 10 bob for them. Get yourself down the woods find a decent y branch and let it season. It will be the best cattie you ever own and one to show off to your mates and kids. Infact get a few more branches as they'll all want one :laugh:

Edited by Probuk

The gypsys i grew up with use to cut a bit of hazel or other kind of tree and just fasten a black widow sling on them cotton and leather..farnish them up round all the ends off and away they went. I never saw them but one.

I grew up using a catty ,, I never saw many gypsys in the minning village I grew up in ..but I did make the wooden lead moulds .. I used to shoot anything with my catty from house sparrows off roof for ferrets ... Even had catty wars with my own made catty against my mate with his black widow.. only 1.77 airgun pellets could be shot at each other but they hurt like hell on arse .. why would you want to pay over odds for a catty.. ;)

Those lead balls are evil, not much gets up with one of them stuck in it...youd deck anything with it if you blasted it stright in the nutt :whistling::whistling::whistling::laugh:

• Like 1