Sign in to follow this  
Blackbriar

Barrel Droop ?

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Rifles/BSA-Mercury-S-gun-for-sale-gs118687.aspx I hope this link works I try to put my rear mount and the scope like this .so the scope cannot move in the scope rings .the rear scope ring and the turrets of the scope touching .if you have more that one position for your rear scope mount with the aresster pin that is better so with more holes in your scope rail you can position your scope with the correct eye relief .I think you will have to use the arrester pin with only one screw in each mount holding the mount to the rail .This is what I do and have never had a problem .hope this makes sense

Goddit ! Cheers buddy !

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Air-Rifles/BSA-Mercury-S-gun-for-sale-gs118687.aspx I hope this link works I try to put my rear mount and the scope like this .so the scope cannot move in the scope rings .the rear scope ring and the turrets of the scope touching .if you have more that one position for your rear scope mount with the aresster pin that is better so with more holes in your scope rail you can position your scope with the correct eye relief .I think you will have to use the arrester pin with only one screw in each mount holding the mount to the rail .This is what I do and have never had a problem .hope this makes sense

Goddit ! Cheers buddy !

With the greatest of respect to you all, I think 7 pages of advice is enough for me to be going on with. I'll put it into action and come back if the problem persists. Otherwise I feel my inexperience means that I'll become "blinded by science", and I'll make the problem worse than it really is. Thanks to you all for now :notworthy:

Next time a new member has a problem like this I think 2 or 3 people should get together and take him to the nearest club, set up the gun and scope, have a couple of hours instruction and a bit of plinking and then go for a beer.

That would be so much easier and more fun.

UPDATE *** UPDATE *** UPDATE

Followed the advice you all gave AND managed to squeeze a bit more range from my back garden (now 19 and a bit yards with a backstop of 2 inch ply).

With an hour and a half or so of shooting groups of three, checking, adjusting and repeating over and over, I thought I just about had it right. Then I got bored and discovered my wife's stash of tiny 2 inch plant pots in the shed. WAAHAAAYYYY !!! Got through about 60 pellets and haven't missed a single shot!!!!!. Probably doesn't sound like much to you guys, but considering that a couple of days ago, I couldn't have hit the front door if I had my fingers in the letterbox ........

Gentlemen, I genuinely cannot thank you enough for all your time and patience. Thank you so much !!!! :notworthy::notworthy:

• Like 1

Next time a new member has a problem like this I think 2 or 3 people should get together and take him to the nearest club, set up the gun and scope, have a couple of hours instruction and a bit of plinking and then go for a beer.

More fum for me too, Tim !!!

More fum for me too, Tim !!!

I'm glad it all worked, we would all have looked like a bunch of muppets if we were back at square one and barrywhite would have worn out his keyboard. :laugh:

Now lots of practice and get the group sizes down but first you'd better hide the bits of plantpot, you really are pushing your luck!

Regards

Tim