Firstly tron, if you read the sentence how I wrote it then you would understand I said make sure you choose something that WON'T corrode like a coke can, which means your right, so dont go mouthing off at me when I'm agreeing with you!!! As for timmy you learn something every day hahaha!!, I've used rubber in the past too and I prefer it to be honest, sometimes the aluminium of a coke can leave a stain on your scope,

cheers for correcting our most abusive friend above :)

If there's one thing I hate it's people who don't read posts properly or give advice without knowing what they're bloody talking about. It's easy to talk crap and screw up someone who needs basic advice and guidance.

Simple advice, given from experience, that's what the op needs. Not some crap that someone THINKS they know and regurgitates just to see their name on a post.

Lol Welcome to THL Tim ............

Txt me when you get a minute , ive changed me phone and lost lots of numbers ........

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

who wants a fight

Right . I'll say this much . You both , Tron and Timmytree , are very much " up on your game" and personally i would seek advise from both of you as i consider you both - A , friends , and B , very kn

I think I married her sister

Right . I'll say this much . You both , Tron and Timmytree , are very much " up on your game" and personally i would seek advise from both of you as i consider you both - A , friends , and B , very knowlegdeable about the shared interest we all have . Tron , if i can be so bold , i would suggest that you have a chat with Tim "off site "as im 100% certain you would get on well and appreciate his passion and knowledge for the sport , as i can see one of the best springers shooters i know . And Tim , i would also encourage you to speak with Ron , who if im honest , and im sorry Ron , iis a bit green when it comes to the internet , and Can ( and does , lol ) come cross as grumpy , hell im the grumpiest here ! Now guys i know and respect you both very much , and im sure if you could both put this behind you , you'd get on very welll . Just give it a try , you might like it , plus ide appreciate it .

And Yes Ron i dont post much and if im honest im going to quit he site soon , as i feel its time for. Me to move on .

Edited by Buster321c
  • Like 1

who wants a fight

Is that a question or a statement? No punctuation makes it difficult to comprehend as do your first 3 posts on the subject which prove you neither read nor understood the original problem. That makes your replies nothing more than uneducated guesses which doesn't help the OP at all.

Blackbriar wanted help, not half arsed guesses.....WhO,,."W4NTs[,] a ,\ fIGHt..

Thanks again Tim ! I think I've got that so I will replace the packing, make sure the scope is centralised, shoot a bit further away and take it from there. Also aware that I need to work on my position and hold etc.Will get back on here if no improvement but, for now, thanks for taking the time to time to help me with this. i was getting really bogged down in things that made no sense to me !! :thumbs::clapper:

As for the rest of the pointless b******s .......... :nono:

One thing to be careful of if you're packing your mounts is to remember that you only need to pack just the bottom half or so of the mount and not all the way around the lower mount.

If you pack up to the sides it will reduce the inside radius and this can crush your scope's tube when you tighten it all back up.

Best of luck, mate. :thumbs:

One thing to be careful of if you're packing your mounts is to remember that you only need to pack just the bottom half or so of the mount and not all the way around the lower mount.

If you pack up to the sides it will reduce the inside radius and this can crush your scope's tube when you tighten it all back up.

Best of luck, mate. :thumbs:

Thank you Andy, that was something I didn't even think about but should have done.

Ironic since I crushed a scope myself years ago!

Me too, many years ago! :laugh::icon_redface: An expensive lesson learned. :thumbs::D

Hiya Craig mate, I am sorry you are leaving the site I will miss your words of wisdom and acid wit!! :tongue2: maybe we will meet up at Penkridge or Furnace mill you can bring Tim along as well and we will have a laugh! Cheers Craig Mate, ATVB. Ron. :yes:

Edited by Tron

Can't argue with that mate.

Tron, you buy me a beer, then I'll buy you one.

Apologies for getting arsy but I've got to the age where I get feisty because I can and because I'm allowed to be a grumpy know it all b*****d.

No kisses and no flowers unless you want to try running with a rosebud up your bum.

Regards

Tim. :icon_eek::laugh:

Sorry for the late reply Tim, I put you on my list not to read any of your posts I have just been told about your reply by a fellow member on here. So I didnt know about it untill a few minutes ago. OK Bud I too am willing to be mates on here if your a mate of Craigs you cant be a bad bloke!. :hmm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I dunno mate I think he should calm down and stop causing trouble on the site !!! Theres going to come a time when the barrel locking detent on his Stoeger begins to fail like most do after a few hundred shots. If he keeps being a trouble maker I shant tell him how to repair it !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Blackbriar is replacing the scope packing with plastic from a Coke bottle, then centralising the scope, before re-installing it and starting again. Hope to go out tomorrow and fire over a more extended range. Will let you know the outcome. :gunsmilie: