• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

who wants a fight

Right . I'll say this much . You both , Tron and Timmytree , are very much " up on your game" and personally i would seek advise from both of you as i consider you both - A , friends , and B , very kn

I think I married her sister

Shooting from supported kneel, but I'm coming round to the idea that it's time to shoot a bit further ! Incidentally, I have'nt made too much adjustment to the scope, just seemed to be striking consistently low.

For the umpteenth time, thanks for replying, fellas, I'm very grateful.

Firstly tron, if you read the sentence how I wrote it then you would understand I said make sure you choose something that WON'T corrode like a coke can, which means your right, so dont go mouthing off at me when I'm agreeing with you!!! As for timmy you learn something every day hahaha!!, I've used rubber in the past too and I prefer it to be honest, sometimes the aluminium of a coke can leave a stain on your scope,

cheers for correcting our most abusive friend above :)

Well Craig you worded it like saying I was incorrect!. If you had read some of my earlier posts I have often also advised to use shims made from plastic milk cartons. As for Timmy saying use film negatives How many people have such stuff in their possesion?? nobody I know! all the cameras I have are digital. as for timmy perhaps he dosent know that most scopes and mounts are made of....Guess what? Aluminium. So perhaps he should (to use his own words)---To get his bloody facts right.

I wish I'd kept quiet now ! :sorry:

Tim, the rifle is .22 and the measurement you wanted is 3.5cm, as best I can measure it BUT I have a small amount of packing at the back of the scope. As it is aluminium, I think we've established it should be removed !!!! Should I leave the packing out for now and start again from scratch over a longer range????

I'd hi with ghillie and use decent electrical tape, I hope this hasn't put you off black and sorry if it has, I just don't like being moaned at for something I haven't written! Back to the subject in hand and to help you

No worries- a bit of banter among the boys never did any harm ! I'm old enough to know the difference :thumbs:

:)

If there's one thing I hate it's people who don't read posts properly or give advice without knowing what they're bloody talking about. It's easy to talk crap and screw up someone who needs basic advice and guidance.

Simple advice, given from experience, that's what the op needs. Not some crap that someone THINKS they know and regurgitates just to see their name on a post.

You mate talk total nonsense at times, You had a go at me first. I can probally say I have been shooting airguns/ tuning/and such for at least 60 years now, I was in to modifying airguns before you was born. there isnt a air rifle made that I dont know how to strip/ repair/ improve. Over my time in the sport, I have swopped ideas with the guys at Venom, and other people who know what they are talking about that unfortunatly leaves you out of the equasion. just because you have just joined the site dosent make you a bloke who knows what you are talking about. I can see now why Buster has stopped posting as much on here lately, Its because of posters just like you. Dont bother to reply, you aint worth my interest in anything you have to bleat about.