• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

have ye ever tried to look hard way a whippet on a lead

Skin, swede, feet, puff and bollox.

Stamina, Brute strengh, Power, Vice like jaws (perfect for retrieving ) , bollocks and the heart of a lion - with the speed of a whippet I think.....im just a women what would i know

• 2 weeks later...

Bull was introduced into them hundreds of years back. How come I hear people say aww whippets are to accident prone because they are too game runningbthrough stuff...then people on about "add bull an you get the gameness" , and the comment about adding good feet? Are you f****n insane? 90% of the bull xs iv seen look like their wearing flippers??? Starting to think ifanyone actually speaks any truth on here atall...

• Like 3

Bull was introduced into them hundreds of years back. How come I hear people say aww whippets are to accident prone because they are too game runningbthrough stuff...then people on about "add bull an you get the gameness" , and the comment about adding good feet? Are you f****n insane? 90% of the bull xs iv seen look like their wearing flippers??? Starting to think ifanyone actually speaks any truth on here atall...

The best feet ive ever seen were on a bull/ whippet. Also ive seen bull lurchers run on the toe smashing hampshire fields without too many problems. We were on stony land last night with a saluki/grey and a bull/grey. First run the salukis feet look like someone has smashed them with a sledgehammer. Then the bull/grey was slipped on something browsing along a Beatle banks. A fast rast across the flint then a quick nip and a firm throat hold. Checked his feet and hed split his stopper. And i thought salukis were all terrain dogs ?

Atb

Obviously those dogs are the minority then..I wouldn't entertain a plodder either...tell me why people say whippets an greyhounds have shit feet when bred to be the fastest dogs in the world ? It's like ferrari releasing a car with 15" wheels with budget tyres on it...like I said, most of its common sense...but the amount of bull shit , scuse the pun , that is on this site is beyond me.

I still don't understand it, I'd still go for a well put together deerhound x than bull x. Deerhound got better attributes to add into a lurcher , than a staff or a APT(or is that a British pit introduced in the us , that took off? Uhhumm lol

Obviously those dogs are the minority then..I wouldn't entertain a plodder either...tell me why people say whippets an greyhounds have shit feet when bred to be the fastest dogs in the world ? It's like ferrari releasing a car with 15" wheels with budget tyres on it...like I said, most of its common sense...but the amount of bull shit , scuse the pun , that is on this site is beyond me.

I still don't understand it, I'd still go for a well put together deerhound x than bull x. Deerhound got better attributes to add into a lurcher , than a staff or a APT(or is that a British pit introduced in the us , that took off? Uhhumm lol

It depends what you class as "shit feet". Whippets and greyhounds have good feet for running flat out. Obviously we dont want a flat out dog hence why we cross them (along with other attributes). But hey ho if we all had the same opinions the dog game would be shit.

All the best

So you cross the breed to slow it down? I think if you done abit of digging into the subject you will find the lurcher came about because certain species wasn't allowed to be taken with greyhounds etc, this is where longdogs and lurchers came from initially, to get arround law. People now do cross say collie into a lurcher bred dog for brains etc...I class shit feet as flat as a pancake injury prone...not nuckly ,rigid GOOD tight feet..

The dog game would be boring if everyone was the same, but most people see what other people write on here and spout shit like bull adds good feet to a running dog an so forth. Atb

Since I'm a novice when talking about sighthounds please treat me like this, I've taken the time to type a post which in my novice mind might contribute in a constructive way to this thread so no need to bash me.

I don't understand why people post these comments on the topic starters question. I can see why you would use some bull. But maybe if the question would have been put different (as it has been done recently in some other threads) it would not have been such a strange question.

I remember a thread from maybe two weeks ago, considering the wheaten or other larger working terriers opposed to the bull. I'd rather have a wheaten than a bull x but maybe that's just personal and is because of the grounds I'd use it on if legislation would allow me. A malionois, or GSD, or Dutch Shepherd would also be high on my list.

Apart from other crosses being up to scratch I understand why people cross lurcher to lurcher with bull blood in them, but why (and this is a genuine informative question) the first/half crosses when I can read quite a lot on this board about the bull itself not being worked as much as before? It's not like a bull is the only dog that like to fight or tackle something with teath.

I've really come across lovers and haters over here which both have valid points I guess.

Was the bull x also a popular x back in the days? (like 1850-1950?)

Where abouts in the world are you from mate?

I love the Bull x but to say the bull gives them the heart? No way My best mate owns a saluki x grey its got everything you could wish for in a dog including a effing big heart when hes running. He will smash anything in his sight ( pretty much haha hes not invinsible) I have a Bull x Saluki grey pup 7 months cant wait to get him working! Each to there own i say bit of a stupid post this really. Thats what google is for surely?

Since I'm a novice when talking about sighthounds please treat me like this, I've taken the time to type a post which in my novice mind might contribute in a constructive way to this thread so no need to bash me.

I don't understand why people post these comments on the topic starters question. I can see why you would use some bull. But maybe if the question would have been put different (as it has been done recently in some other threads) it would not have been such a strange question.

I remember a thread from maybe two weeks ago, considering the wheaten or other larger working terriers opposed to the bull. I'd rather have a wheaten than a bull x but maybe that's just personal and is because of the grounds I'd use it on if legislation would allow me. A malionois, or GSD, or Dutch Shepherd would also be high on my list.

Apart from other crosses being up to scratch I understand why people cross lurcher to lurcher with bull blood in them, but why (and this is a genuine informative question) the first/half crosses when I can read quite a lot on this board about the bull itself not being worked as much as before? It's not like a bull is the only dog that like to fight or tackle something with teath.

I've really come across lovers and haters over here which both have valid points I guess.

Just across the channel.

Just across the channel.

Thanks, I will send you a pm in an hour or two if thats OK (not wanting to hijack the thread)