BSA Airsporter

Feinwerkbou Sport.....Sweet :yes: My mate had one and we used to hunt the local squirrel population with almost obsessive regularity, had some great times with it. I bet theres bloody loads of the old guns in mint condition at the back of peoples wardrobes or in their lofts. Would love to get a brand new meteor :yes:

Guest baldie

Anyone remember the airsporter -s centenery model, engraved with the piled arms logo, and the legend "one of one thousand"..it came with a mk10 4x40 [i had one] jap scope, which was real good quality, mounts etc, and a numbered certificate, they are fetching silly money now, i can remember drooling over one in the window of a sports shop in Sheffield.

Feinwerkbou Sport.....Sweet :yes: My mate had one and we used to hunt the local squirrel population with almost obsessive regularity, had some great times with it. I bet theres bloody loads of the old guns in mint condition at the back of peoples wardrobes or in their lofts. Would love to get a brand new meteor :yes:

I tell ya J the Fernwerk Sport he picked up from the Auction was a Minter, its Incredible no one raced the price up but most of the yokels around here don't know what they're looking at :whistling:, In the past I have seen some decent old and new guns go through this Auction for a song! some are Damaged Guns needing repair! some good shotguns go threw there too at a fair price! there was a Boxed Beretta 687 went through a few years ago, I viewed it and it was Mint! a lad I know went to the Auction later and it made £380 :icon_eek:..

Like you said mate when you think about some of the guns laying in peoples cuboards or lofts untouched its a travesty, I cringed when I saw the Gun amnesty when people was handing in guns to be cut up! they showed a pile going through the disc cutter and there was some crackers :icon_eek:...

Anyone remember the airsporter -s centenery model, engraved with the piled arms logo, and the legend "one of one thousand"..it came with a mk10 4x40 [i had one] jap scope, which was real good quality, mounts etc, and a numbered certificate, they are fetching silly money now, i can remember drooling over one in the window of a sports shop in Sheffield.

Now there's a gun which is worth sticking away for a while! do you remember Webley did a Vulcan with a gold plated trigger guard and saftey catch? I think it also had some Gold Inlay of some sort too :hmm: .....

• 2 weeks later...

Right, little bit of advice needed!!! my friend brought the gun round and it's not the mk II!! I think it's the mark 4-5 but I'm not sure! Ordered the parts from chambers (all the same part No.s luckily) so just curious, here's a few photo's of it.

Airsporter and HW 35

23-07-07_2214.jpg

23-07-07_2215.jpg

23-07-07_2212.jpg

23-07-07_2211.jpg

23-07-07_2210.jpg

23-07-07_2209.jpg

Edited by bullmastiff

Look at pic 3 of the Airsporter tap, you'll see just below the tap the Bracket that holds the front stock screws, this is held on by a screw in pin with Passes through the middle of the cocking slide, you can just see it in the pic at the bottom of the front stock screw bracket.

Undo this as it screws straight into the cylinder and remove the front stock screw bracket, you can then remove the cocking slide from the cylinder, you will also need to knock the pin out of the Cocking lever in picture 6, once this in whatever order you want has been done the whole cocking assembly can be removed from the gun, its now a case of unscrewing the back block to release the spring and you can then slide the piston out the same way, just be carefull of the threads at the back of the cyclinder and these are pretty good and chewing up and new seals when you push the piston back in, a sleeve of thick silver foil coated in some Gun oil is handy to put round the inside of the thread before you feed in the piston but not always needed if you slightly Oil/Grease the thread, you can then remove this when the piston is seated home, put back together in reverse...

By the way Defo not a MK1 with the Auto Tap. looks like a later Model with the smaller tap lever, try not to lose the small bearing and spring from the tap when you put it back in the cylinder, they're b*****ds for pinging out all over the shop :whistling:

Cheers

Jasper

Thank you jasper! :clapper: The back block actually came away quite easilyin the end, once unscrewed the back block rested away less than an inch, I guess it won't be that easy when we replace the spring!!!

The cylinder looks in quite good nick, with just a little dirt in the grease so hopefully a good clean with IPA should be enough!

I'll try to get some decent photo's once I get my camera back.

Thanks again

Luke

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hello , greeting from Indonesia

this is my BSA

air sporter

bsa00.JPG

--------------------------------------------

post-13662-1199083302_thumb.jpg

the prefix of series number is EK.. so i guess its MK-3

my father bought it in year of 1970

and its still kickin' now

Edited by melinuxid
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:clapper: Purest f*cking quality!!! :notworthy:

Cadet Major, J? Finest f*cking air rifle I ever fired, till I got the Lightening XL!

Now, come on you two; Sort these last two lads out. Ye drawing international notice now, look! :D