So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

I just seen the same question on facebook and pinch the tops out and lob few banana skins about seems the way

That's what I do, snap the top off and leave three tiers of toms on my out door plants. And only feed them water, with out food, the plant will rush to produce seed (toms).

• Like 1

Know what? We should have a get together similar to the Fishing comp. but in a garden type of way. I bet the fishing guys are quite envious of our achievements as we are with theirs. Thinking, same charity, local produce,local beer, good camping, good company and maybe put a spin on things with classic cars or similar. I'm game to sort the marquee and any other covers required. Now then? Go or not.jok.

• Like 2

Beans coming out my ears now

36718446915_b20c8af0fe_b.jpg

36323129000_4253e9abbb_b.jpg

the runners are also picking up speed

35883729904_953db4faed_b.jpg

a simple snack

35883727294_f539d7c078_b.jpg

and a simple dinner. My gran used to cook this as a kid it was a fav of mine. Fry some bacon then lob a tin of toms or fresh ones in this case on top with a bit bisto or beef granules so basically beefy tom flavour going on. Then lob it on top of some mash with home grown spuds and a slice of bread

36718434755_ba5bfcfc32_b.jpg

I also wish I still had a van as I really pee the wife off

35909232623_bf3d0c4aa4_b.jpg

36672260886_d19e62d794_b.jpg

• Like 9

Beans coming out my ears now

36718446915_b20c8af0fe_b.jpg

36323129000_4253e9abbb_b.jpg

the runners are also picking up speed

35883729904_953db4faed_b.jpg

a simple snack

35883727294_f539d7c078_b.jpg

and a simple dinner. My gran used to cook this as a kid it was a fav of mine. Fry some bacon then lob a tin of toms or fresh ones in this case on top with a bit bisto or beef granules so basically beefy tom flavour going on. Then lob it on top of some mash with home grown spuds and a slice of bread

36718434755_ba5bfcfc32_b.jpg

I also wish I still had a van as I really pee the wife off

35909232623_bf3d0c4aa4_b.jpg

36672260886_d19e62d794_b.jpg

Nearly bought a car this time round, but when I looked over my shoulder at the pristine interior, in my head I could see the dogs dribbling all over it after a run, so bought another van with full bulk head to stop them dribbling down my neck. lol Nice beans.

• Like 1

After a night with a bedroom full of bloody great European hornets to put up with I came out to thispost-81636-0-67495900-1503482137_thumb.jpgpost-81636-0-63050300-1503482159_thumb.jpgpost-81636-0-45555200-1503482186_thumb.jpg

I'm think one of our black and white friends ..must have lost a good third of what was out there , didn't want to pick it and store as it's never as good as straight of the plant and cook ..but another couple of nights will see it gone ..had a bit of it the other year and it did more damage trying to keep the poxy thing out than it did to the corn ..and just to make it up to three on the pest front the moles are back ..

• Like 1

A few peppers I've grown in pots on the patio. I've got some sweet banana chillis and some scotch bonnets growing too. Corn and tomatoes growing in containers too but I'm getting hammered by slugs this year.

I use bottle traps in my containers and my cold frame. Put either beer or slug pellets in it. Me, I drink the beer and use slug pellets, keeps the pellets and slugs out of the way of Thrushes. And when the bottle is full, drop it in the bottle bank and grab another beer. :laugh:

• Like 1

After a night with a bedroom full of bloody great European hornets to put up with I came out to this attachicon.gifIMG_2643.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2642.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_2640.JPG

I'm think one of our black and white friends ..must have lost a good third of what was out there , didn't want to pick it and store as it's never as good as straight of the plant and cook ..but another couple of nights will see it gone ..had a bit of it the other year and it did more damage trying to keep the poxy thing out than it did to the corn ..and just to make it up to three on the pest front the moles are back ..

The moles just bought it !! ????post-81636-0-47916400-1503513155_thumb.jpg. He never reigned very long ...
  • Like 5