JohnGalway

So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

Hens I got were off in big barns for eggs for supermarkets, you got to think farmer got rid of them old hens for a reason

• Like 1

Just got 12 point of lay hens for my plots 6 for each when they start to lay I will get rid of the 6 year old birds I have , get them off same man each year and get an egg a day every day well worth the £6.50

Mine have redmite so stopped layin atm. Bit of sprayin and powderin required. Soooo much better than shop eggs.

• Like 1

Just got 12 point of lay hens for my plots 6 for each when they start to lay I will get rid of the 6 year old birds I have , get them off same man each year and get an egg a day every day well worth the £6.50

Mine have redmite so stopped layin atm. Bit of sprayin and powderin required. Soooo much better than shop eggs.
I use ivermectin for pigeons off eBay for 3 weeks and disinfect the pens twice a year and seems to work well

Well neck deep in green beans. Freezer full, fridge full, neighbors full. Rumor has it runner bean soup is nice so will try that. Leaving the big ones now to dry and we will try them as dried beans. Bean getting half a black bag at time. They even caused a domestic last week when i got home from work and they hadn't been frozen so I put my foot down. It didn't take me long to do them :laugh:

36286177124_83798e6b4d_b.jpg

the big kale plant and cuttings are doing well

36933460226_6021cfe92f_b.jpg

found some golden beets today. Been looking at them under the netting and thinking them chards plants are doing well then I noticed the beets today so a bit bigger than prefered

36951468952_bc38c896f2_b.jpg

and the compost engine working well

36933461436_3a404c0ca2_b.jpg

• Like 3

This was from back garden ,first tomato ,marrow an 2 days worth of bantam eggs ,they are pekin x seramas pullets I was given for free.

That marrow is just yearning to be stuffed and baked... delicious.

Stuffed and baked a couple of cucumbers last week, and although nice, are not as nice as the marrow or courgette.

post-84277-0-65059200-1504968920_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Marrow omelette with a grill tomato ?Cheers Arry

Sounds interesting I normally slice toms an put them inside omelette,

My 7 ex batts are laying egg a day so we had omelettes other day to use backlog of eggs up lol

Marrow probably get stuffed with mince an onion ?

Oh forgot to say my youngest 3 kids love the banty eggs poached fried or as tiny omelettes .

• Like 2

Even in December? I had some ex batts and only getting 6 eggs out of the 11 of them and they stopped in winter

Try giving them some corn mate, had them laying none stop with that
  • Like 1