So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

so true dog :thumbs:

mine got done within a fortnight, snapped padlock the norm, so now it gets closed and thats that, they have been in a few times since but nothing worth anything to them but they still have a deek, ner mind :thumbs:

kill my carrots i kill your parents :thumbs:

thats ok is it not :yes:

• Like 3

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

Set up a small veg patch a few years back, for me and the kids to mess with, lettuce, tomatoes and strawberries went well first year, but I also put some pumpkins in ( the kids idea) bloody hell it was like triffids taking over the garden... I should've cut them back but I was fascinated to see how far they would go... Bad idea they completely ruined the lawn but we had about 25-30 small to medium pumpkins off of it..... I'm having to get the garden re-turfed because of them...lol

We're having a good go this year , the spuds are in ( they were good last year), onion sets and garlick plus the strawberry plants which have been there since the start....we'll put in some carrots and a few lettuce plants... The kids love it

• Like 1

Just signed for double allotment,with shed and nearly full ibc,80 yr old couple just gave it up last week,will be mine next weekend,I am bouncing!

got chicken house in back of van,but may have another lined up that has a run with it.

tumble dryer sheared its drum off this morning so after i went an bought another,i pulled the drum out the old one,and will drill a few holes in it,to make a fire pit/waste incinerator.

you can tell im getting into this cant you :whistling::D

• Like 2

Just signed for double allotment,with shed and nearly full ibc,80 yr old couple just gave it up last week,will be mine next weekend,I am bouncing!

got chicken house in back of van,but may have another lined up that has a run with it.

tumble dryer sheared its drum off this morning so after i went an bought another,i pulled the drum out the old one,and will drill a few holes in it,to make a fire pit/waste incinerator.

you can tell im getting into this cant you :whistling::D

That's a novel ideal. I'll keep an eye out for an old washing machine. I don't think Mrs M would be too happy if I sabotaged her washing machine. For the record, I have in my potting shed the following seeds sown. Broad beans, peas, red onion (a variety I haven't seen before so I thought I'd give them a go), leeks, sweet pea (I know you can't eat them but it encourages pollenating insects in, hopefully), I think that's it for the moment. I sowed them about 3 weeks ago but its beens so bloody cold there's still no sign of germination. Last year it only took 10 days for them to germinate. I know, I'm that sad I keep an allotment diary so I can keep a track of what varieties I've grown and how long it took to germinate and how good the crop was.

We have a fairly decent sized plot. Approx 13m x 6.5m. There are only 23 plots in out little enclosure but the parish council are starting to halve them to get the waiting lists down. Trouble is the newbies come in and go hammer and tongs at it and lose interest as they think it will always be like that. one thing I've learnt since taking on my plot 12years ago is that it will take as much time as you're prepared to give it.

Later this month, if it warms up enough, I'll sow some other veggies. Some in seed trays and some directly in the soil on the plot. Let's hope we see some warmth before too long.

Started off a load of leeks, carrot and lettuce in trays on a windowsill above a radiator 2 weeks ago, about 1/3rd have germinated. Also some leeks and carrots in tubs outside, no luck yet tho.

It was mostly leeks and carrots that did well last year, altho I don't have the space for veg that grows underground so I'm going to build some raised beds in the yard to give them a better chance.

Had my name down for an allotment for years now typically they're now advertising for new tenants at the village where I moved from last year haha, only a few mile away like and we're chance to be moving back there in a year or so.

Biting my finger nails here itching to start but its snow showers here again , the Gardner at work says chill out Aprils plenty time to start planting ,the seed will only sit in this cold and not germinate till its constantly above 3 degrees

We have had an allotment for 3 years and although the wife does most of it, best thing we ever did.

Time just shoots past when you are into the digging.

My back played up for about 3 months but then just vanished!!, been great for 2.5 years now

This year i am going to try aquaponics in the green house at home.

Anyone else tried it.

TE

got my early, late earlies and main crop spuds ready to go, will put earlies in at end of this month, second earlies end of April, and lates end of may. got onion sets bought that will go in start of april, bout some giant onion seeds so pootted them up yesterday and are on a window sill inside. half the peas will go in start to mid april, rest will go in 3 weeks or so later, beetroot the same. Will start in earnest when the risk of frost has gone, froze hard here agin last night. hopefully will turn the patch over another couple of times before i plant to get the tilth just right, had plenty of muck put in, the rest will be in the hands of the great almighty.

B

my earlies (aronn pilots) are ready to go just waiting for the weather to warm up, the second earlies will stay on the window sill to chit to end of april

jalapeno's and tom's (gardners delight) will be started by the weekend latest

then its just strawberry runners when i see them for sale and some letttuce things she eats

thanks for the advice to get me this far :thumbs:

Been spreading muck this week, its a bit fresh for my liking but it may do. I'll start sowing this day next week.

11kfsxi.jpg

i'm all mucked up and got another load coming sunday so that should start next years of, i'm also after another plot somewhere else as i can't keep livestock on this one :thumbs:

• Like 3