So, Tell Us, What Are Ye All At In The Veg Garden?

I'm only eyeing my veg patch up at the moment. A bit snowed under by other work at the moment.

Planning to plant nearly everything into lazybeds this year. Besides my spuds, what I sowed last year didn't make it :icon_redface:

Interested to know what everyone else is doing? Love seeing photos too if anyones got any. I haven't yet, but I will.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of some bits.  

You are right Arry yours look well happy in there In my case it was simply a matter of laziness lol. I use the scaffold netting which was on them but I sort of threw it on. If your going to net y

I think my spuds are going well? Got some corn, some peas and beans going too, all new to this so no idea if they're growing well or not lol

Posted Images

got an allotment last october, it was in a state to be honest but i'v got raised beds as i'v been told there easier to manage as i ain't a clue :laugh:

spent £ 50 last wk on spuds and grow bags for the greenhouse plus other bits n bobs, i'll get a pic up of the plot :thumbs:

shame you can't keep chucks on it :(

• Like 1

mine was full of mares tail! not a fooking clue what it is and i'm still finding it :wallbash:

got rid of the majority mind :whistling:

The old saying with mares tails is 1 year seeding 7 years weeding. :whistling:Ive had it on mine for over 20 years never been able to get rid of it. just hoe it off or hand weed when they come through. good luck with the plot. :thumbs:

Edited by darbo

Got an allotment planted in November last Broad Beans, winter onions,Garlic still somebody leeks left and cabbage. Got me spuds chiting ready to go out and some early peas in cold frame. Will be planting up seeds in next few weeks just hoping that the weather will remain dry so as to be able to get on and work it.

mine was full of mares tail! not a fooking clue what it is and i'm still finding it :wallbash:

got rid of the majority mind :whistling:

The old saying with mares tails is 1 year seeding 7 years weeding. :whistling:Ive had it on mine for over 20 years never been able to get rid of it. just hoe it off or hand weed when they come through. good luck with the plot. :thumbs:

nice 1 darbo, i can imagine :yes:

tatties are brewing, strawberries are in, onions, shallots and garlic are in the green house at the moment :thumbs:

just learning but there are some decent ole kids on the allotment who grow some decent stuff and they all say the others are doing it wrong :laugh::laugh:

creases me up :laugh: total comedy :thumbs:

• Like 2

tatties are brewing, strawberries are in, onions, shallots and garlic are in the green house at the moment :thumbs:

just learning but there are some decent ole kids on the allotment who grow some decent stuff and they all say the others are doing it wrong :laugh::laugh:

creases me up :laugh: total comedy :thumbs:

Oh yes! My friend is like that. We were only talking about the potatoes we planted last year. I put mine in the ground St Patricks day, fingers were blue with the cold. I got a very good yield of nice spuds. All he could say is how stunted they were at the start and how no one should do what I did.

I got lots of spuds, what's the fupping problem :laugh:

I didn't bother to mention to him how my maincrop were handful size when he went to his patch and could not get a feed for just himself, no doubt I done something wrong there too :laugh:

• Like 3

i got an allotment last year , got a green house and a poly tunnel , nice shed and a good 30 -35 foot long patch for growing , not done anyting yet as its been to wet , ive set up me chicken pen , will have a few on for me eggs , not allowed a cock but can have hens , will let ya know how i get on :thumbs:

Here's my spot, I cut the ash tree's as they were blocking all the light last summer and burnt all the small stuff, the next couple of dry days we get I''m going hire a rotavator, might get a cheap ph kit and see if I need to lime it also:)

64pehj.jpg

• Like 1