Pigeon Shooting

Where im working at the moment ive noticed lots of crop fields barley and wheat, and quite often lots of pigeons around these fields.

The problem is ive never done and pigeon shooting and would like to try it but i dont know enough about it to give it a go.

Is there any informative books or dvds about it that anyone can recommend ?

Or as a long shot anyone who could possibly show me the ropes, the farm ive currently got permission on in North / West Wales has a couple of cereal fields on it, so this could be used if required although i dont know about quantities of birds ect.

Cheers bob

Where im working at the moment ive noticed lots of crop fields barley and wheat, and quite often lots of pigeons around these fields.

The problem is ive never done and pigeon shooting and would like to try it but i dont know enough about it to give it a go.

Is there any informative books or dvds about it that anyone can recommend ?

Or as a long shot anyone who could possibly show me the ropes, the farm ive currently got permission on in North / West Wales has a couple of cereal fields on it, so this could be used if required although i dont know about quantities of birds ect.

Cheers bob

I have a dvd about pigeon shooting over decoys with air riffles and shotty's that i got for a couple of quid off of ebay have a look on there if ye dont have any luck pm me yer address and i'll post this one too ya :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers mate but all i can find is ones which want to show big bags being shot and not very educational,

i mean like what to shoot over, and when to shoot over it, pigeon flight lines and what to look for, like the other day i saw at least 100 birds purched on pylon lines above a large field i thought that looks good but where would i start as they'd soon disapeer if i walked in to the field.

I would love to learn about it first.

Cheers bob

i have the verry dvd for you mate :yes:

it shows decoy patterns, how to find flight lines where to set up hyde and this guys using an air riffle :notworthy:

it would all be verry similar if you where using a shotty ie decoys,flights ect if you are serious about taking up pigeon shooting as a hobby it would be worth while to but some flapper decoys, check out the site sponser, theyre sure to have them :thumbs:

ye can also prop up real birds once shot ! (verry effectively)

pm me yer addy and i'll post ye the dvd

it shows decoy patterns, how to find flight lines where to set up hyde and this guys using an air riffle :notworthy:

it would all be verry similar if you where using a shotty ie decoys,flights ect if you are serious about taking up pigeon shooting as a hobby it would be worth while to but some flapper decoys, check out the site sponser, theyre sure to have them :thumbs:

Hi mate you couldnt pm me the name of thid dvd could you or who is by cheers
  • 1 month later...

Hi mate,

What's the name of that dvd? Want to get back into the shotgun again, have been concentrating on dogs and rifles for last few years.

Cheers

Spud

• 3 years later...