4 replies to this topic

#1 gouldy257

gouldy257

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:43 pm

I've recently started shooting clays quite alot  i shoot eleys Olympic 28gm I've plenty of faith in them.

when shooting them i can dust them 20 to 30 yards no bother at all but once i let them out 40 yards plus (when there slowing down) but i can't seem to touch them at that distance :hmm:  do you just follow through something the same or do you lead or what its mind baffling for me as more experienced men can lift my gun and break them further out   with the same cartridges,,,,  so its not the pattern   :unsure:   

what am i doing wrong please??  :shok:    

#2 Hawkeye.

Hawkeye.

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:51 pm

could be lot's of thing's. You don't say what kind of target's you mean, going away , crosser's , etc. I think your best bet would be to ask an experienced shooter to stand behind you to see what's happening. If it's slowing down then it will also be dropping and you could be shooting high , crosser , not enough lead or high or in front, might be stopping the gun. . . could be anything 

#3 gouldy257

gouldy257

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:02 am

could be lot's of thing's. You don't say what kind of target's you mean, going away , crosser's , etc. I think your best bet would be to ask an experienced shooter to stand behind you to see what's happening. If it's slowing down then it will also be dropping and you could be shooting high , crosser , not enough lead or high or in front, might be stopping the gun. . . could be anything 

going away ones,, maybe am a quick follower through that's how am hitting fast ones, then i might be stopping to slow down on the far out ones :hmm:  its a learning process gona spend more time on far out ones see if a can fix where am going wrong  :thumbs:    and ill get somebody behind me as you said good tip that  :yes:

#4 jackinbox99

jackinbox99

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:14 pm

I find the longer I leave a clay the more likely I am to miss it. Regardless of how far away the clay is, if i see it, jump on it and shoot it, then its dusted. If I wait, watch it, or think about it for too long, then i seem to end up missing it!

• gouldy257 likes this

#5 gouldy257

gouldy257

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:58 pm

its a bit of a c**t,,,,, i must be the same :hmm: lol as long as a can shoot them close i be grand  :laugh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users