• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 J.D.

J.D.

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:09 am

thanks shootlodge,  reply sent pal, i would like to thank all you lads who have been a great help, makes a change from getting sarky coments of people on here, really appreciate all the advise,  :thumbs:

#2 elevenses

elevenses

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:19 am

hi, im hoping someone might read this and help me out, im wanting to take my son wild camping, basically teaching him the way of the land ect, im a ex soldier and im wanting my son to get of his computer and come with his dad, bit of dad and son time, no women aloud, lol , ill be putting up x2 hammocks and having a small fire, i will make sure that this is under control, im just hoping that there is some gamekeeper, land owner who might help me out, i will respect your land , come and meet you, im asking as i dont just want to take him out on someones land and get hastle, im in whickham, newcastle upon tyne, so if anyone can help me out, that would be much appreciated, please inbox me, thanks !! john

I have access to some land in north wales (close to Llangollen) if you wanted to make a weekend of it and travel ?

if so message me

• J.D. likes this

#3 markha

markha

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:47 pm

JD, Im a professional mountaineer full time :) can give you loads of free advice about places to wild camp with great views, fresh water etc etc etc, can even take you both out and coach you on navigation, camp craft, climbing, mountaineering etc etc, have stores with tents, rucksacks sleeping bags blah blah blah. 

All England National Parks have no wild camping by law, CROW Act, however there are areas that are nice and remote that wild camping is tolerated if you keep the site clean and only stay one night. Scotland has the 'Right to Roam' law which means anywhere within the open access areas you can wild camp legally, the same environmental impact guidelines are in place in all locations though, plus in Scotland, there is the 'poo project' you sign in at the rangers base ( Cairngorms) and collect a couple of poo tubes for your human waste whilst your in the back country, then bring it back to the rangers office where there is a composting area for green policy.

Drop me a line, glad to help you get back in the hills.  The above goes for anyone who's a member of THL.

• shootlodge, J.D. and Qbgrey like this

#4 J.D.

J.D.

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:45 am

JD, Im a professional mountaineer full time :) can give you loads of free advice about places to wild camp with great views, fresh water etc etc etc, can even take you both out and coach you on navigation, camp craft, climbing, mountaineering etc etc, have stores with tents, rucksacks sleeping bags blah blah blah. 

All England National Parks have no wild camping by law, CROW Act, however there are areas that are nice and remote that wild camping is tolerated if you keep the site clean and only stay one night. Scotland has the 'Right to Roam' law which means anywhere within the open access areas you can wild camp legally, the same environmental impact guidelines are in place in all locations though, plus in Scotland, there is the 'poo project' you sign in at the rangers base ( Cairngorms) and collect a couple of poo tubes for your human waste whilst your in the back country, then bring it back to the rangers office where there is a composting area for green policy.

Drop me a line, glad to help you get back in the hills.  The above goes for anyone who's a member of THL.

what a cracking offer mate,   :thumbs:

#5 BORDERSCOT

BORDERSCOT

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:44 pm

Sent you a PM...

#6 J.D.

J.D.

Mega Hunter

• Donator
  • 317 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:05 pm

got to be said, i didnt think this post was going to help me and my lad, but ive been offered a few lovely places to take my son, im so greatfull, many thanks  :thumbs:   u no who you are  :signthankspin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users