Taking My Son Wild Camping,

the whole of Scotland is very hospitable to wild camping and provided you leave no trace and camp the way have described i see no reason for you to have any issues.

there's a few Bushcraft sites on the net, as most of these guys do exactly what your planning on, the forums are a good place to pick up tips on locations that are sympathetic and tolerant shall we say. you wont find them outright condoning wild camping in England, but, if you read between the lines and play your cards right, you'll soon be put on the right track.

failing that there are loads of campsites that have woods attached that allow you to do what you want within reason with the added bonus of basic facilities not too far away.

i love getting away to the woods me. :thumbs:

ive had lots of wild camping trips in scotland in the past best check the law hasnt changed i remember reading an artical about it a while back

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

been out quite a lot now with him, he loves it, and so do i, hes learning so much bless him, and keeps pestering me every weekend to take him out, lol, definatly better than sitting in the house, and he has hardly been on his comp, still would just love some local land tho, there will be no mess left, leave no trace , just great memorys, and you land will be respected by me and my son, doing a bit of stealth camping with him at the mo,, had no trouble but would hate the police to come and move us on as it would definatly spoil it for my lad,

been out quite a lot now with him, he loves it, and so do i, hes learning so much bless him, and keeps pestering me every weekend to take him out, lol, definatly better than sitting in the house, and he has hardly been on his comp, still would just love some local land tho, there will be no mess left, leave no trace , just great memorys, and you land will be respected by me and my son, doing a bit of stealth camping with him at the mo,, had no trouble but would hate the police to come and move us on as it would definatly spoil it for my lad,

:thumbs:

whip him (and yourself) up a quick DIY hammock....

just get a waterproof sheet....i used an army poncho...

and grab the short side in your hands and put together....whip it round nice and tight with some paracord and repeat on the other end....

make a self tightening loop in a long bit of rope and slip it over one end....and round a tree....

and repeat on the other side....

and your done.... your lad will be impressed...

an army poncho is a good piece of kit....make a shelter...hammock....water reserviour.....sledge etc....

realky versatike and cheap as chips :thumbs:

ive been and bought a few hammocks mate, got loads of gear left from my years in the army, ponchos , sleeping bags, hexi stoves, rations, so kitted out, just need some local woodland now , :thumbs: