Another 1 1/2 Hour's And Her Best Yet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Condition's seemed ok to me so i had a little nip out on Ianb's land for a flick about with the Lil..i thought it was going to be a little too bright but the rain cloud's came over and the wind was gu

Here's Reggie..textbook here and for the most he is even with other dogs around..   Don..         Just hang on in there and I'm sure the penny will drop with Lil?

She will of been around 9 1/2mth old..she had been ferreting before hand prior to the lamping and nailed 2 easy one's and during the warmer mothes i went out a few times with the scatter gun and air r

It's spot on Tiny..the only draw back with it is if it's blowing a hooligan..twice last night i nearly cocked 2 run's up because the wind blew the filter back on the lamp..a small problem though that i can live with.. :thumbs:

Great results.....how old was she when you started her on the lamp and how did you do it???

She will of been around 9 1/2mth old..she had been ferreting before hand prior to the lamping and nailed 2 easy one's and during the warmer mothes i went out a few times with the scatter gun and air rifle and rimmy with a mate and she had a bit of a play and retrieved a few shot one's for me also so she knew what they where.. :thumbs: ..

Her first time on the lamp was frustrating to say the least..running slow/loosing sight of them to name a few but i have yet to see it go plain sailing with a pup..on her first few outing's she was walked onto everything just about and the ones i thought she seen she was slipped on but sometime's she never seen them..(my fault) but the lamp is quickly turned of and the recall used..and after several monthes of plugging away it all fall's into place eventualy aslong as they are not over matched..out for a hour with several kill's ending on a high note is the way forward for me.. :yes: ..and they is nothing more satisfying than seeing all the hard work paying off that went into the training of a pup from 6wk's old and onward..seeing them jumping/stock broken/good recall and a reasonable retrieve gives you a sense of acheivement..something you will never get from buying older dog's in..

So that is one of the many reason's i won't buy a older dog in.. :thumbs: ... i could go on for ever but i don't want to bore everyone.. :D .

Thanks for taking the time to explain.....

• Like 1

Normaly at the begining of the season i don't bother Rob i just use the white light..but if you go to the same spot regular they sharp get used to the white and run for home pretty quick..and the same does happen with the red..they get used to that eventually and bolt just as quick as using the white light..the added bonus of using the red filter IMO is you can pick the eye's out a lot easier in long dead grass than what you can with the white light..and if you are somewhere where you should not be.. :D ..the red light does not allert everyone in the area as much..

Just give it a go with the red matey and you will make your own mind up..because you can bet your bottom dollar they will be a million reason's why to and why not to on here.. :victory:

• Like 2

Great results.....how old was she when you started her on the lamp and how did you do it???

She will of been around 9 1/2mth old..she had been ferreting before hand prior to the lamping and nailed 2 easy one's and during the warmer mothes i went out a few times with the scatter gun and air rifle and rimmy with a mate and she had a bit of a play and retrieved a few shot one's for me also so she knew what they where.. :thumbs: ..

Her first time on the lamp was frustrating to say the least..running slow/loosing sight of them to name a few but i have yet to see it go plain sailing with a pup..on her first few outing's she was walked onto everything just about and the ones i thought she seen she was slipped on but sometime's she never seen them..(my fault) but the lamp is quickly turned of and the recall used..and after several monthes of plugging away it all fall's into place eventualy aslong as they are not over matched..out for a hour with several kill's ending on a high note is the way forward for me.. :yes: ..and they is nothing more satisfying than seeing all the hard work paying off that went into the training of a pup from 6wk's old and onward..seeing them jumping/stock broken/good recall and a reasonable retrieve gives you a sense of acheivement..something you will never get from buying older dog's in..

So that is one of the many reason's i won't buy a older dog in.. :thumbs: ... i could go on for ever but i don't want to bore everyone.. :D .

Too late :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers, D.

• Like 2

thats a cracking result millet im enjoying the updates on the dogs progress she seems to be turning out a gooden i always think its best to put the time and effort in to a pup and you will get a lot more rewards and enjoyment knowing you shaped the dog atb

• Like 1

Top banana is that..got to be over the moon with the bitch! She's got some head on her lol..she's a lovely bitch,if she makes the grade she would throw real handy bunny bashers if you had a Grey/Whippet type dog put over her IMO? ..She is starting to look like her great grand dam Cora..you've put the groundwork in,now it's just a matter of gaining field craft and that only comes with experience...next season you should see what you have been feeding and training in a much better light...let's hope she can keep you happy for many a season..Atb Andy

• Like 1