is the milbro square elastic better these days the only experiance ive had of square elastic is the cheap fishing catty years ago (might of been the way i was using it)

cheers relic2

id say its pretty useless unless your gona be using 16mm+ lead shot

Fcuk the square elastic off.

Its useless!

Tubed is perfect for what your wanting to do.

You want theraband green/red.

Or i dare say the dub dub would do...

If your going to use square elastic, you may as well buy a multipack of elastic bands and use them.

Its not all shite, but a lot is, way to stiff/strong.

The old square came in 2 sizes the smaller size was about 5mm in new money and it was good stuff, grew up using it and killed loads of gear with it, the bigger size was to strong, The last 2 lots of normal 6mm black ive had were crap, both from well known vendors, its composite shite not proper rubber.

If you fancy square bands the only safe option now is neoprene square, 6mm or 7mm from Red Kite, or Bells of Hyth is alright, ive downed loads of gear with the R/K 7mm, and green 6mm, very good hunting laccy IMO, easy draw and snaps back fast, outlasts any flat stuff...ect.....sometimes its a bit twisted because its "extruded" but ive not had any probs when buying 1 meter lengths, i threw about 1m away out of a 5m batch i bought though. Pricey at nearly £9 a meter though. Bells red 6mm is still good stuff but again pricey.

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0724.jpg

All taken with useless square :laugh:

• Like 1

The old square came in 2 sizes the smaller size was about 5mm in new money and it was good stuff, grew up using it and killed loads of gear with it, the bigger size was to strong, The last 2 lots of normal 6mm black ive had were crap, both from well known vendors, its composite shite not proper rubber.

If you fancy square bands the only safe option now is neoprene square, 6mm or 7mm from Red Kite, or Bells of Hyth is alright, ive downed loads of gear with the R/K 7mm, and green 6mm, very good hunting laccy IMO, easy draw and snaps back fast, outlasts any flat stuff...ect.....sometimes its a bit twisted because its "extruded" but ive not had any probs when buying 1 meter lengths, i threw about 1m away out of a 5m batch i bought though. Pricey at nearly £9 a meter though. Bells red 6mm is still good stuff but again pricey.

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0724.jpg

what size ammo you using ?

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0724.jpg

.177 or .22 :laugh:

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0724.jpg

i have never hunted with catty before will 10 mm ammo do. for dub dub or theraband tubing

cheers relic2

100_0620.jpg

SDC10447.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0724.jpg

i have never hunted with catty before will 10 mm ammo do. for dub dub or theraband tubing

cheers relic2

id say headshots only if your talking about lead , better going for 12mm or even 16mm for guarenteed kill , not much experience with tubing but id also say you want to double it for anything bigger than 10mm shot

Most of them taken with .457 11.6mm but some using .562 14.2mm, im using Dankung 4070 tubes and 1/2" leadballs now though, not keen on paying £9 a meter for neo square.

BPR Youre not the first to say that im using a gun, anybodys welcome to look at the stuff ive got in the freezer now, just dints mate, no holes, ive had a lot of practice lol, i freeze the squirrels and swap them with a mate who keeps hawks for scrap lead, his lads a plumber, most ive had in one go is 4. i think i average 250-300 catty kills a year.

Most of them taken with .457 11.6mm but some using .562 14.2mm, im using Dankung 4070 tubes and 1/2" leadballs now though, not keen on paying £9 a meter for neo square.

BPR Youre not the first to say that im using a gun, anybodys welcome to look at the stuff ive got in the freezer now, just dints mate, no holes, ive had a lot of practice lol, i freeze the squirrels and swap them with a mate who keeps hawks for scrap lead, his lads a plumber, most ive had in one go is 4. i think i average 250-300 catty kills a year.

i was just about to say they looked frozen but still good shooting all the same :thumbs:

A mate uses dub dub and 10mm lead for pidgeons, but 14mm for rabbits/pheasants/squirrels, i think 10mm leads a bit light for accuracy with heavier type bands/tubes though, everbodys different mate, like i said im using 1/2" [12.7mm] at the moment, good allround size i rekon, and uses a fair bit less lead than 14mm or 16mm.

thats some going mate...keep it up.. :thumbs:

Just noticed Brassnecks post, you do double some tubes, but only the lighter ones, the 3060 or 4070 is powerful enough in single, the dub dub is the same stuff as Dankung 5080 more or less, pretty strong stuff, if i was just starting id buy some 3060 or 4070, its easy to draw and hold, you'll probably get better quicker with lighter stuff, most laccy will kill clean, its about hitting the heads/necks really, takes practice lots and lots of practice :thumbs: