most chicken mince bought from petfood store is minced carcass wich is mainly bone and can cause bad upset as they cant digest too much bone.....wild canids eat the gutts first of any animal they kill and regurgitate it up for there pups .....trip the raw green stuff is cows stomach they fair well on it.....not looking for an argument just typing my own experience what ive seen with my own pups.....its up to you to decide....do a bit of each for a week or so and see what it fairs best on ....all the best wich ever you choose... :thumbs:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripe is % moisture with a very low protein level .... Absolutely no good for pups ... You are far better feeding chicken to young pus and as they get older feed fatty beef or a mix of the two .......

tripe is one of the best foods ive found it put some serious weight on pups and dogs but all ways best to add other things too so theyre getting all the minerals and the full spectrum of proeins they

we all have oppinions and tripe with soaked bikkies as a meal for variety will do no harm only good amino acids ang healthy gut is a good and must for puppies tripe will give this . there is those who

Tripe is 80% moisture with a very low protein level .... Absolutely no good for pups ... You are far better feeding chicken to young pus and as they get older feed fatty beef or a mix of the two .........

So would you suggest doing as I am then with the biscuits and chicken mince?

Take away the biscuits altogether and add more chicken with a range of vegetables mixed in and feed it all raw .......

Would that make them turn inside out from pooping though? :huh:

Changing over to meat at a young age will mean they may have a day or two of loos stools but they will quickly adapt ......

Tripe is 80% moisture with a very low protein level .... Absolutely no good for pups ... You are far better feeding chicken to young pus and as they get older feed fatty beef or a mix of the two .........

well must say my pups allways looked good on it but i fed a mix of chicken all so its pure cow stomach thats flesh so must be high in protein and its easily digested pups fatten quick as fook on it and chicken all the time can make pups ill not to mention its full of salmonella.... :thumbs:

not much chance of yer dog getting salmonella mate dogs guts are allot different from ares.

socks mate i dont need to do a search mate like i said i aint looking to argue....the fact is trip works i beleive what i see and beleive me pups fed on tripe fair well infact they fair too well mate and like ive said chicken mince is mainly carcass and too much bone so too much of it is shite mate just my opinion marra all the best m,ate.... :thumbs:

I realy can't be arsed going into all the ins and outs of feeding and conditioning people that have been on here a long time will know that I know my stuff when it comes to feeding and conditioning a dog ... I could sit here and reel off paragraphes of scientific words to back up my argument but life's to short ... Mspingu you feed what you want it's your pup ... I have offered my advice that's all I can do ...........

• Like 2

I realy can't be arsed going into all the ins and outs of feeding and conditioning people that have been on here a long time will know that I know my stuff when it comes to feeding and conditioning a dog ... I could sit here and reel off paragraphes of scientific words to back up my argument but life's to short ... Mspingu you feed what you want it's your pup ... I have offered my advice that's all I can do ...........

Cheers I appreciate your advice :thumbs:

well must say my pups allways looked good on it but i fed a mix of chicken all so its pure cow stomach thats flesh so must be high in protein and its easily digested pups fatten quick as fook on it and chicken all the time can make pups ill not to mention its full of salmonella.... thumbs.gif

not much chance of yer dog getting salmonella mate dogs guts are allot different from ares.

seen plenty of pups have the shits off chicken and seen fair few get constipated and cant shit on too much chicken ive found trip with other bits of meat the best and ive rarely ever cooked anything for my dogs from what ive seen if i could get trip cheap enough i would feed it solely :thumbs:

science is good but so is experience i wouldnt doubt that you know your stuff mate....all the best... :thumbs:

ive fed minced chicken for years, if you go down your local track and watch whats going out of the meat mans van, i would suggest 70% chicken 20% beef and 10% tripe if you ask why the lads taking the beef, why beef? most will say to build up weight up on a dog with a problem or recovering from an injury, the tripe takers will be old school trainers. i do feed tripe now and again as dogs love offal, venison guts are great :thumbs:

ive fed minced chicken for years, if you go down your local track and watch whats going out of the meat mans van, i would suggest 70% chicken 20% beef and 10% tripe if you ask why the lads taking the beef, why beef? most will say to build up weight up on a dog with a problem or recovering from an injury, the tripe takers will be old school trainers. i do feed tripe now and again as dogs love offal, venison guts are great :thumbs:

Cheers Fuzzy :D

what i would say fellas tripe does seem to hold lots water content when bought from pet shops etc to get the best source thy own wash out in tub hang to drain , itsoffal ra\ting 55 per cent protein hence if feedin on its own they will need lots when growing they digest it so quickly so good for puppies and convalesing animals i use the mixes chicken tripe the lamb tribe carcass etc chicken is fine thats a fact but so is all carcass flesh plus the very best bits the offall atb bunnys.

• Like 1

what i would say fellas tripe does seem to hold lots water content when bought from pet shops etc to get the best source thy own wash out in tub hang to drain , itsoffal ra\ting 55 per cent protein hence if feedin on its own they will need lots when growing they digest it so quickly so good for puppies and convalesing animals i use the mixes chicken tripe the lamb tribe carcass etc chicken is fine thats a fact but so is all carcass flesh plus the very best bits the offall atb bunnys.

Thanks Bunnys appreciate it.

well must say my pups allways looked good on it but i fed a mix of chicken all so its pure cow stomach thats flesh so must be high in protein and its easily digested pups fatten quick as fook on it and chicken all the time can make pups ill not to mention its full of salmonella.... thumbs.gif

seen plenty of pups have the shits off chicken and seen fair few get constipated and cant shit on too much chicken ive found trip with other bits of meat the best and ive rarely ever cooked anything for my dogs from what ive seen if i could get trip cheap enough i would feed it solely :thumbs:

i have fed it solely om several occasions and reared welps that have gone on and been 70 80 pound animals , and the welps have been superb big strapping welps at 6 weeks . atb bunnys.
  • Like 1