T R Robb Tuning Kit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its more about the journey than the destination.

Or how to get a lot more whizz bang for your buck!   I recently picked up a project I have wanted for a while a QB78. These are lightweight little rifles which have a half decent mechanism in them.

So lets get this right...you buy a gun, then disassemble it and fill it full of "good bits" to make it work right.   That is like buying a Harley Davidson...after buying the bike, you then spend a f

If you want to get really involved all you need is a Welsh Willy seal kit (or seal and screw set if you wanna go bling with stainless), Drill the probe apertures out to 3mm, sand the trigger sear, fit a couple of shim washers to the trigger and apply a little Moly CV grease.

If like me you doubt your fingers of clay can drill the probe then the T R Robb kit is good value as it comes with the probe and a load of other new bits (such as a piercer, valve and hammer block) as well as the excellent video instructions!

I have also fitted a QD stud to the front of the stock today (this is advanced for Mole), all I have to do is get one for the back now!

If you want to get really involved all you need is a Welsh Willy seal kit (or seal and screw set if you wanna go bling with stainless), Drill the probe apertures out to 3mm, sand the trigger sear, fit a couple of shim washers to the trigger and apply a little Moly CV grease.

If like me you doubt your fingers of clay can drill the probe then the T R Robb kit is good value as it comes with the probe and a load of other new bits (such as a piercer, valve and hammer block) as well as the excellent video instructions!

I have also fitted a QD stud to the front of the stock today (this is advanced for Mole), all I have to do is get one for the back now!

cheers for the info secretagentmole I have one of theese in the pipeline for a bit of a tinkering project and bit of fun. looks like an interesting and cheap project.

For crying out loud make sure you have a chrono! They are very easy to put over, that is the one warning! Mine hit over 13, had to swap the hammer block back for the original one!

yes of course, it would be irresponsible modifying airguns without having one available :thumbs:

I cannot second moles chrono advice strongly enough.

It may have been unique and a one off event, but i feared for my own safety when two shots of my hpa converted 79 registered 40ftlbs on my combro.

Thankfully the rest of the string dropped to 11.9 but it didn't take long to creep over to 13.

Please please please do not dismiss it. I believe a gun owner without a chrono is asking for trouble like a driver without a speedometer.

• Like 1

well secretagent mole you got me going on this and today I picked up one of theese today, I ended up buying one for £80 brand new. Iv ordered the t r robb tuning kit and before fitting im going to polish the hammer and tube. when it arrives im going to start at 800 grit then brasso the parts with a drill with a 12 bore cleaning mop and the 2nd half of the cleaning rod and should hopefully end up with a mirror finnish. upon stripping I could see all the machining marks inside so can understand the difference after polishing as it was verry rough!

I can understand people thinking why? but co2 is a first for me and would like to give it a go to see what its all about just so i have the experience of it.

I will post an update when the work is done. when I stripped the gun for a look, combined with the rough internal machining I noticed the transfer port seal was missing. which shows poor quality control from the chinease factory. luckily the kit has one with it.

I will update when the gun is polished internally andthe kit is fitted.

atb tom.

Spoke to a chap yesterday who has a 78 on 'approval' and considering purchasing it. After talking over my experience of the 79 and research into the 78 and PCP conversion, it turns out he has the necessary contacts and expertise to turn out 'Salty' tubes.

Salty is a member of the chinese forum who was selling a suitable pressure rated cylinder with the appropriate valving to turn essentially turn a 78 into an s400.

Something similar to this

b7c0382f2372.jpg

But better.

I don't have concrete prices yet, but get in touch and if I can pitch enough potential sales, it may be a viable option.