T R Robb Tuning Kit

Or how to get a lot more whizz bang for your buck!

I recently picked up a project I have wanted for a while a QB78. These are lightweight little rifles which have a half decent mechanism in them. With a little bit of piggery jokery a respectable pcp can be had for not a lot. Indeed the QB cost £140 with a wobbly Exocet (having a word with Andy about that) that was built in Turkey (a Hatsan by another name that Mary has bagged for pigeon hunting). SO lets say the rifle cost £70 second hand. Bit of surface rust that was taken care of with Legia and tinfoil!

OK, so now to the strip down, knock safety catch out, undo central stock fixment, gun off stock! Yes that darned easy! Ensure CO2 chamber is empty, undo two screws, trigger off, remove foresight, barrel band, a screw or two more and kerpow, 2 tubes, a bit more of a wiggle and a grub screw and the barrel is off the probe housing, one more grub screw and the handle comes out the bolt and the bolt is out the back of the housing.

The Robb kit (£61) has a new hammer block, new probe, seals, DVD, valve and piercer too! Easy enough to fit, but take care, some of these guns are more responsive to tuning than others. Mine was very sensitive, so I put the old hammer block in and power is a respectable 11.4-11.5 at room temp using a 14.3 grain pellet! We also invested in a Robb trigger tuning kit and the trigger is now nice and silky smooth! This was a bucket of laughs from start to finish, got a cracking little back up stalking rifle and a bit more experience in the triggery pokery of gun tuning!

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its more about the journey than the destination.

Or how to get a lot more whizz bang for your buck!   I recently picked up a project I have wanted for a while a QB78. These are lightweight little rifles which have a half decent mechanism in them.

So lets get this right...you buy a gun, then disassemble it and fill it full of "good bits" to make it work right.   That is like buying a Harley Davidson...after buying the bike, you then spend a f

They respond well to a tune too. It is the ideal starting point for someone to venture into the world of gun tuning. The trigger mod alone transforms the gun. Then when you get into replacing seals, fill probe, hammer etc, the gun improves in giant leaps, whilst still remaining relatively affordable!

So lets get this right...you buy a gun, then disassemble it and fill it full of "good bits" to make it work right.

That is like buying a Harley Davidson...after buying the bike, you then spend a fortune on aftermarket parts to make it run and stop like it should have out of the factory. :laugh:

What is the stock like? They look a bit plain to me.

• Like 1

They fit in ags pcr1 stocks with some slight modification i read.

Great project, lots to learn and tinker with. No experience of the TRR Rob kit. My XS79 responded most favourably to a welsh willy seal kit. I polished the trigger, hammer, bolt etc and with the hpa tank I had a superbly accurate pcp!

• Like 1