Help With Terrano

dont know if any one can help iv got a terrano on a 54plate was driving along last nite and it started shuddering in all gears then engine management light came on and it wouldn't go above two and a half thousand revs or fifty mph! im guna change my fuel filter later to see if this helps! just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

If you take it to a garage with a diagnostic computer they can find out exactly what it is in minutes, wont cost much for them to do either but by the sounds of it its went into limp mode, all the best t10

Hi, Some of these terranos dont get the fuel filter changed regular enough & it bungs up in the pump, some pumps have filters just inside the pump where the banjo fuel line fastens,under the alternater.. if it bungs up..the motor smokes white, runs under 2k revs & is lifless. once its sorted, put an inline filter on the fuel line to the pump to prevent this & service it every 8-10k miles.

good luck.

starting to wish I did buy a Toyota! this heap of shite is starting to cost a lot of money! was fine up untill November then is started falling to bits in the last 2/3 months had cambelt, water pump, clutch, new battery and now this! its only done 110, 000miles and iv put 35, 000 on it! so much for being a reliable motor! loads of people said can't fault them same engine as a black cab! I dont think a land rover would have gave me this much bother. rant over I feel alot better now haha

starting to wish I did buy a Toyota! this heap of shite is starting to cost a lot of money! was fine up untill November then is started falling to bits in the last 2/3 months had cambelt, water pump, clutch, new battery and now this! its only done 110, 000miles and iv put 35, 000 on it! so much for being a reliable motor! loads of people said can't fault them same engine as a black cab! I dont think a land rover would have gave me this much bother. rant over I feel alot better now haha

i had 2.7 d no cambelt on mine had chain same as my xtrail.had mine 6yr just had water pump done so i was happy with mine and i use to giue it some stick aswel.alot beta than my xtrail.