Boots

Guest MOLLY

Have you tried Brasher's Giro?

All good leather boots must be looked after or they will crack and let in water. Keep them well polished inbetween muddy/wet times and they last much longer.

MOLL.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Boots, mate? Last pair I had were 'bog standard' Berghause. Couple of years ago they were being sold everywhere for 75 quid a pair. Reduced from around the ton mark. Goretex lined. Lasted me a good twelve month of wearing to hell on a daily basis. I could stand in a stream in them. Never once felt uncomfortable or let in a drop of water.

I f*cked them myself eventually. Stretched out with my feet in the hearth and liturally melted the rubber sole welds :( Otherwise, I'm certain I'd still be wearing them tomorrow.

Since bought a pair of cheap chats. " Groundwork " they're called. First day it rained, the water gushed off my WeatherWear leggins and pissed straight through these boots! :shok: So I gave them a proper spraying with Grangers 'Footwear Proofer' and ~ touch wood ~ this appears to have sorted them. But then, maybe this kit could waterproof a paper bag? Who knows?

But, in my own experiance, Berghause did the trick :good:

Have you tried Brasher's Giro?

MOLL.

Brasher ?? will have to google that cheers moll . my last boots were knee high american camo things i got off flea bay they were fabric with gotex lining they were good for about 7 months now they leak and the sole split with diggin :doh: they were well comfortable and i still wair them when its dry lol

Berghause will have a look ditch cheers

They don't look half bad, though I'd like to handle them to really see what they are made of.

I've had a good few pairs of Brasher's, one pair bought new and the others from my Bro who does a fair bit of fell walking (he likes to look the part an buys new boots as soon as the last get scratched.....fecking quilt!!). They are designed for comfort an none breaking in, bulit over a training shoe 'last', they do what they claim but in the field, in winter, they have really let me down, side rubber has split and on two pair the sole has all but dropped off, plus they have all leaked like a tap, with plenty of care! I would recommend them for good weather ankle support over rough ground but not much else.

Mendel are the best I have used, Irish Setter an Matterhorn are as good as I've seen, though, if you've got the legs for 'em, good 'ol fell boots last forever!! :D

fell boots :clapper: my mates dad has a pair of them with the little metal studs on the sole they are heavy duty lol they aint that high for me...

tho i could have the wrong aproach mabie ankle boots with gators???

How many lads n gals use gators ??

Used Gators an rate them (decent quality though) for the terrier job, crashing through wet cover etc, better than wellies in that you get the ankle support and sole toughness from your boot an yer kecks don't get wet an covered in shite. Never use them for lampin though, always sweat me nuts off!

• 3 weeks later...

alt-bergs are great boots, 2nd best on the market. i've personely tried and tested these in all terians and conditions, and they hold there own. i had a pair of Mckinlys sent out to NI and the same day marched 23k in them, not a blister in sight.

Saying that i've found a better boot, lowa gtx, about £130-£140 new there 2nd to none. this season will be the 3rd in them and no signs of any wear only grass scuffs, there the dogs balls