• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest foxtrack

it aint got to be done in the dry thats what it says on the cans moisture

cant realy get into the aplicator so i dont think thats a prob

all i ask is what do the boys think best talunex or phostoxin

personally i wouldnt use either :no: its expensive and unreliable in my experience though limited it may be !

i done a course on mole control last year and my prefered method is duffus trapps,at least that way you can prove to a client that you have killed there moles and have a sufficiant answer when they call back in a week or so and say "the moles are *still* here and yer called back out to finish the job !

I've done 4 mole jobs already this week, all using talunex. We have great success with this, and have been using it for a long time. Using gas you may not have a mole in your hand to show to your customer, but try trapping on a carvan site that has 400 mole hills on it and get a 90% success rate in 1 day! The reasons for choosing Talunex over Phostoxin are, one Phostoxin pellet is equal to about 3 Talunex so surface area is more tharefore gas liberates more quickly. Also you can use talunex more efficiently due to it's smaller size and more pellets per flask.

Trapping is o.k. if you only have one mole and lots of spare time, gassing is so much quicker.

OK if i lost my ability to make a living out of trapping moles and was unable to relearn it again and i could find no alternative employment other than sticking gas down holes i would choose Phostoxin because it is £18.80 a tube + vat as opposed to talunex being £21.00 + vat. There you go we have a winner. :toast:B)

Guest foxtrack
I believe phostoxin is a faster reacting gas so for that reason i would use that and although it doesnt say so on the label i think a scoosh of water would help it on its way !

no offence mate but like you said you done a mole control course last year'

i would think you neverheard of the gas till then ? i dought iff you've even used it.

the post was to the boys who use it on a day to day basis

I've done 4 mole jobs already this week, all using talunex. We have great success with this, and have been using it for a long time. Using gas you may not have a mole in your hand to show to your customer, but try trapping on a carvan site that has 400 mole hills on it and get a 90% success rate in 1 day! The reasons for choosing Talunex over Phostoxin are, one Phostoxin pellet is equal to about 3 Talunex so surface area is more tharefore gas liberates more quickly. Also you can use talunex more efficiently due to it's smaller size and more pellets per flask.

Trapping is o.k. if you only have one mole and lots of spare time, gassing is so much quicker.

Only 4 mole jobs this week, you wait till you go full time, :whistling: one mans phostoxin is another mans talunex, each to their own.

read the labels and i think you will find they both are made from alluminum phosphides and have the same action in their manner of working.

have to agree with mole trapper though, stick to the traps :thumbs:

added.. had great sucsess this week with talunex, is that because the gas has killed the moles or pushed them away for a short while? this is something i found happened regular when i was using gas years ago.

Edited by mole catcher
I believe phostoxin is a faster reacting gas so for that reason i would use that and although it doesnt say so on the label i think a scoosh of water would help it on its way !

no offence mate but like you said you done a mole control course last year'

i would think you neverheard of the gas till then ? i dought iff you've even used it.

the post was to the boys who use it on a day to day basis

oh right ! :icon_eek:

i have used it but as as said in my first post i have limited experience and have certainly not used it on a day to day basis so i'll just retire into the back ground and let the experts do the talkin !

:notworthy:

Guest foxtrack
OK if i lost my ability to make a living out of trapping moles and was unable to relearn it again and i could find no alternative employment other than sticking gas down holes i would choose Phostoxin because it is £18.80 a tube + vat as opposed to talunex being £21.00 + vat. There you go we have a winner. :toast:B)

but there we go

do you realy need a whole phostoxin to do the job of one talunex ?

and more expencive to if you think of the amount you get ie

talunex v phostoxin

it aint got to be done in the dry thats what it says on the cans moisture

cant realy get into the aplicator so i dont think thats a prob

all i ask is what do the boys think best talunex or phostoxin

Just a question from a non mole catcher,surely if you was using the gas in the rain it would mix with the poison and give off a cloud of toxins,with which you would be dead.so surely it is best to use it when the weather is dry?.If its a daft question then sorry,but as i said i have never gased moles.

:laugh: James,..Your post sounds like the script from one of those 'Mole Control Courses' ,... :clapper:

No offense...but,.I would be pleased to know HOW you KNOW that your Talunex treatment resulted in a 90% success rate ??...Just curious :thumbs:

All the best,...CHALKWARREN... :drink: