Sign in to follow this  
214_si

A Story To Share With You All..

Nice to have downham market in the story that's where I grew up. Also brilliant post.

Good read fella, always held really good hare's at six mile bottom, behind the tea hut (road runner) if I remember right.

Got captured there once ended up in court (the game keeper was a big old red neck )with a £30 fine, the good old days..

Dont think i would be letting any of my dogs run single handed at twelve months but every one to there own i suppose

and then you get a lot of these no all coursing lads telling you that you need size in a coursing dog or bitch, well that little 23inch bitch puts them all to shame she must of earned your father in law billy a lot of money in her coursing career. very good write up towards some of the shite you have to read today on the hunting life,

• Like 2

gd read can relate to the hare game late seventies early eighties great days and plenty of fun

Old Bill Bruce's bitch Fly out of the Lou on the other thread. I spoke to old bill son John and he said the week before she died this bitch run and caught 5 on the Monday 5 on the Wednesday and 5 on the Sunday , so 15 hares in one week !

post-10031-0-85851300-1419952467_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

i bought my first boat from kent whitsable and met a few dog men maybe irvines were there name not bad lads to years later i got them afew saluki crosses