Had a go at making a natural catty, made to fit my hand and now has been banded up with triple theraband black and kangaroo pouches. Hopefully get out soon do a bit of hunting to see how it feels. It'd be good to see some fellow catty hunters post up some pictures of their natural cattys.

All the best,

Traditional

post-53762-0-97030300-1358192300_thumb.gif

• Like 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a go at making a natural catty, made to fit my hand and now has been banded up with triple theraband black and kangaroo pouches. Hopefully get out soon do a bit of hunting to see how it feels. It'

seems everyone into ply / multiplex etc nowadays , imo you just cant beat a good natural fork, each one is unique . Nice job mate

one i knocked up last year just proving a point to my lad how we kept ourselves amused as kids,think it was from cherry tree but not 100% sure now,did band it up for a trial and i can honestly say im

Posted Images

Thanks brassneck, I agree a natural catty is a great addition to the collection, especially when it is shaped perfect to the hand, and feels so smooth to use.

All the best,

Traditional

ill try and get a few of mine up later on mate , i like the grain of oak , holly is my favourite but real hard to find a nice symetrical fork .
  • Like 1

Thats great brassneck, I look forward to seeing some of your natural cattys, I agree the grain of oak is beautiful, holly is also nice but like you said ideal forks are a rarity. Whats bands do you use? for this im trying out triple theraband black, see what comes of it never tried this band set before.

All the best,

Traditional

Guest long-tail

one i knocked up last year just proving a point to my lad how we kept ourselves amused as kids,think it was from cherry tree but not 100% sure now,did band it up for a trial and i can honestly say im not as good with one now as i used to be :laugh: just stripped it back down and will marine varnish it before getting back out for some serious practice,you done a good job on yours like it :thumbs:

065_zps15d5fb8c.jpg

067_zpsfd067d63.jpg

071_zpsb2691d66.jpg

073_zps53659db9.jpg

• Like 2

long-tail thats looks like a nice natural catty, Im sure it will be very nice once the finish is applied, I look forward to seeing the end result. Get out and about and no doubt your good shot will return, Its just about getting the feel again. Great hunting tools and should be taught to all the youngers, well done.

All the best,

Traditional

one i knocked up last year just proving a point to my lad how we kept ourselves amused as kids,think it was from cherry tree but not 100% sure now,did band it up for a trial and i can honestly say im not as good with one now as i used to be laugh.png just stripped it back down and will marine varnish it before getting back out for some serious practice,you done a good job on yours like it thumbs.gif

065_zps15d5fb8c.jpg

067_zpsfd067d63.jpg

071_zpsb2691d66.jpg

073_zps53659db9.jpg

hi mate.. were did you get the knife from mate looks a tidy knife an catty aint bad... :thumbs:

I like trying my hand at various types.

Ill do a few natural. Then try some board cut and then back to natural etc.

I just enjoy making something out of nothing, whether that be a natural fork or a nice piece of wood :thumbs:

Hooefully have a dremmel soon and then theres no stopping me :laugh:

20130107_203834.jpg

20130106_120717.jpg

20130103_222243.jpg

20130104_164728.jpg

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket
  • Like 1