8 replies to this topic

#1 craig2013

craig2013

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:24 pm

that curry looks well nice wat spices do u put in and i soak my rabbits over night in salt water it does the trick :thumbs:

#2 Jamie m

Jamie m

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 4,280 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:56 pm

Get a few rabbits nice one just use saddle back legs strip the meat off the the bone , just like chicken fillet but not 5 pound a pack , free ,

#3 Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:26 pm

Get a few rabbits nice one just use saddle back legs strip the meat off the the bone , just like chicken fillet but not 5 pound a pack , free ,

:stupid: Just how I do them.  I can't be arsed to mess around with the little bit of meat you get off the front legs.  And the price of gas these days...? 2 - 2.5 hours boiling? It would be cheaper to get the chicken fillets.

I digressed and watched the 'Bear Grylls kills a rabbit like a Boss' videon after that  one. He might be good but I'll bet my bile duct that rabbit was tethered.  Either that or it had mixie. ;yes:

#4 desertdog

desertdog

Extreme Hunter

• Donator
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:09 pm

try rabbit in a cook in the bag,did one tonight,mediterean chicken, but used bunny, well nice,courgette, onion,.tomatoe, cooked if for an hour,mid oven, superb eating.

#5 low plains drifter

low plains drifter

Extreme Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:14 pm

Works well for hare aswell,just use about 1 heaped teaspoon of salt in the water,leave overnight,the meat turns lighter in colour,think it is the high blood content that causes the gamey flavour,salt must draw it out

#6 kenj

kenj

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:59 pm

I soaked some of mine in brine overnight, just once. They were tasteless after. Ended up putting the meat in a Korma mix. Give me the full flavour every time. Slow cooker is best.

#7 eat4peace

eat4peace

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:27 pm

I soak up to 6 in a big (clean) bucket of slat water with a hefty splash of cider vinegar. Get's rid of excess blood and tenderises the meat.

#8 Lelandsdad1

Lelandsdad1

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:13 pm

I need a little help I've started shooting rabbits and after getting past the smell I've managed to skin and gut them lol I've given them a good wash but I can see a very thin skinny film it peels off in peaces but I'm wondering if its ok left on to cook

#9 B.P.R

B.P.R

Disabled Bay Poacher

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,063 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:02 pm

game chef at the yorkshire....deminstrated by removing the scent gland....you remove the shiite taste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users