Sign in to follow this  
fox assasin

cooking rabbit

Get a few rabbits nice one just use saddle back legs strip the meat off the the bone , just like chicken fillet but not 5 pound a pack , free ,

Get a few rabbits nice one just use saddle back legs strip the meat off the the bone , just like chicken fillet but not 5 pound a pack , free ,

:stupid: Just how I do them. I can't be arsed to mess around with the little bit of meat you get off the front legs. And the price of gas these days...? 2 - 2.5 hours boiling? It would be cheaper to get the chicken fillets.

I digressed and watched the 'Bear Grylls kills a rabbit like a Boss' videon after that one. He might be good but I'll bet my bile duct that rabbit was tethered. Either that or it had mixie. ;yes:

try rabbit in a cook in the bag,did one tonight,mediterean chicken, but used bunny, well nice,courgette, onion,.tomatoe, cooked if for an hour,mid oven, superb eating.

Works well for hare aswell,just use about 1 heaped teaspoon of salt in the water,leave overnight,the meat turns lighter in colour,think it is the high blood content that causes the gamey flavour,salt must draw it out

I soaked some of mine in brine overnight, just once. They were tasteless after. Ended up putting the meat in a Korma mix. Give me the full flavour every time. Slow cooker is best.

I soak up to 6 in a big (clean) bucket of slat water with a hefty splash of cider vinegar. Get's rid of excess blood and tenderises the meat.

I need a little help I've started shooting rabbits and after getting past the smell I've managed to skin and gut them lol I've given them a good wash but I can see a very thin skinny film it peels off in peaces but I'm wondering if its ok left on to cook

game chef at the yorkshire....deminstrated by removing the scent gland....you remove the shiite taste.