quick walk with pup

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

evening, had a wee mooch with my pup today trying to let him see a little to bring him on. It was very over cast and had a low laying mist but enough to see for a slip. walked for about 4 miles over

Have you getin that dog you were on about mate?

Posted Images

best off teaming up with someone, and me being me il look in the most unlikely of places and find good earths hidden away. its all about using common sense, looking for tracks, well used runs, even using your snout! about 3 year ago i was out with two running dogs and about 5 bushing/terrier/pointers and a beagle and worked a huge wood block with loads of earths but never found one bit of scent. on the way back home through a well grazed green field all the bushing dogs took off and ended up marking in the middle of this field. when i got there it was a small drain no run to it nothing. that same drain ran about 7/800m to a well know hole. its supprising how these drains can go for such a long way. its amazing where ive found stuff packed away, under trees, waste pipes, under peoples garden sheds who own saluki x's haha ;). theres a wood block local to me that id have to say has over 50 holes and holds so many pigs its unbeleivable!!!! it absolutly stinks walking through the block.

only problem there is no rabbits!! and im keen as fcuk to get my pup on a few steady away. i walk him around 10 mile plus a day and there has not been a day when ive not seen a roe or a red. its crawling with them just no fecking bunnys lol

Looks a canny dog supposed to be bob on, and can do red doubled up, looks right enough but not my cup of tea. just managed to bag 300 acres of permission, there are no rabbits but crawling with everything else. Just need a new lamp and dogs now