Anyone making longnet baskets ?

Paid

Can't find any online t the moment, most places are sold out, so wondering if anyone on here is making any for sale at the moment ?

I've started fabricating a few here for my own use based on LLC's good design. But the postage to the UK would be more expensive than the net basket.

The only thing I'm having trouble sourcing is the mesh laundry bags. Does anyone havea clue where I can get them from in Australia? Cheers

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think on this forum we are in debt to LC who has not kept his idea of improving net basket to himself. Putting up how to make it with photos, and measurements. He has told me, he has been receivin

Do you boys rate the basket as opposed to traditional?........not used a longnet for ages but always found the traditional very easy and the baskets look much more cumbersome

These aren't as good as yours but they work pretty well. I'm in the process of getting some stainless wire for my MIG so I can do a few stainless ones. Please xcuse the phot quality I did it on my

Can't find any online t the moment, most places are sold out, so wondering if anyone on here is making any for sale at the moment ?

I've started fabricating a few here for my own use based on LLC's good design. But the postage to the UK would be more expensive than the net basket.

The only thing I'm having trouble sourcing is the mesh laundry bags. Does anyone havea clue where I can get them from in Australia? Cheers

Ebay mate, got any pics of your baskets.

ATB

Right then.

Paid. I will make you a basket to LLC's specs at the same time I'm making my own.

It will be out of stainless but will only be the frame. You net it up yourself. I will also provide an adjustable strap.

Won't be much on costs. Pm me if your interested

Atb

Nice one mate, thats a sound offer :-)

ATB

These aren't as good as yours but they work pretty well. I'm in the process of getting some stainless wire for my MIG so I can do a few stainless ones.

longnet_zpsf00a9bef.jpg

Please xcuse the phot quality I did it on my phone in a dark shed :)

Edited by steamingutpiles
  • Like 1

ATB

These aren't as good as yours but they work pretty well. I'm in the process of getting some stainless wire for my MIG so I can do a few stainless ones.

longnet_zpsf00a9bef.jpg

Please xcuse the phot quality I did it on my phone in a dark shed :)

Looks good

I think on this forum we are in debt to LC who has not kept his idea of improving net basket to himself.

Putting up how to make it with photos, and measurements.

He has told me, he has been receiving four pms per day, for requests to make them.

Im sure if Nelson can make them, to the original quality, he should do well.

having met the man, who spent a morning with me, he is a true Gent.

• Like 2

Do you boys rate the basket as opposed to traditional?........not used a longnet for ages but always found the traditional very easy and the baskets look much more cumbersome

• Like 2

Those that can use traditional do. Those that can't, just can't be arsed to learn, so they use baskets. Simples really, their loss.

TC

TC.

I had been taught by the old poachers over 40 years ago how to net the sets at night, and as you know this was not easy, as these old guys would not show you a birds nest,

So although i had done the trad method for years, I had never seen a basket.

And so with LC coming to visit me, I saw the advantage of this system.

Especially with daytime ferreting, and i reckon if i had used this method years ago, i may have put more rabbits in the bag.

Longnetters today have it easy, with forums and DVDs, when i learned from these old guys i went the same way, keeping to myself, as they used to tell me, show them, and they will be doing your setts.

So i am just pleased that LC took time to show me his methods, that i had never used.

So now I know how to use both methods.

Traditional and basket.

It just makes the whole thing easier, and quicker.

I use mine mainly for ferreting, but they are also a lot

easier to set out at night.

horses for courses really.

but once you have run a few nets out from a basket you can appreciate just how easy they are to put out, and take in, day or night.

Army and navy stores ,Do you have something like that in Oz ?.

Army and navy stores ,Do you have something like that in Oz ?.

We used to have Army Disposal stores but they have tunrned into junk shops selling cheap Chinese stuff. No nets. :hmm: