nv sony handycam question

my sony handycam came today, it does show the picture as normal if you turn upside down. so all is well. I have to say I was impressed with the night shot function, it was very clear at 3m with just its own ir light source. but when its on a scope might be a different story?, I'll have to wait for my lens ring adapter to turn up so I can mount it to my scope. ordered a ir ultrafire cree torch, anyone used one in conjunction with a sony handycam, they any good? only going to be shooting at probably 15 yards tops ratting, so hopefully it will be adequate for that. anyone whos already made a handycam nv setup with any pearls of wisdom about calibrating the scope and camcorder let me know, it'll be much appreciated :thumbs:

my sony handycam came today, it does show the picture as normal if you turn upside down. so all is well. I have to say I was impressed with the night shot function, it was very clear at 3m with just its own ir light source. but when its on a scope might be a different story?, I'll have to wait for my lens ring adapter to turn up so I can mount it to my scope. ordered a ir ultrafire cree torch, anyone used one in conjunction with a sony handycam, they any good? only going to be shooting at probably 15 yards tops ratting, so hopefully it will be adequate for that. anyone whos already made a handycam nv setup with any pearls of wisdom about calibrating the scope and camcorder let me know, it'll be much appreciated :thumbs:

get in touch with davyt63 or zini both will be able to answer any questions you may have regarding the Sony handycam :thumbs:

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Handycam fitted to scope, fitted my ir torch under my barrel, can see picture out to 15 metres just cant focus it so it's really clear, got the scope on lowest mag 3, if I focus on lowest setting the cross hairs are clear but the poa is blurry, focus back ground and cross hairs disappear. The handycam is being manually focused and steady shot is turned off. Am I doing something wrong?

Handycam fitted to scope, fitted my ir torch under my barrel, can see picture out to 15 metres just cant focus it so it's really clear, got the scope on lowest mag 3, if I focus on lowest setting the cross hairs are clear but the poa is blurry, focus back ground and cross hairs disappear. The handycam is being manually focused and steady shot is turned off. Am I doing something wrong?

"you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink " :laugh: (AS ABOVE) :thumbs: