LET MY NEPHEW DOWN

I think youse have all been robbed by the royal mail xmas temps, failing that, youve been scammed. I bought some longnet poles off someone off here saturday, posted saturday and I got them today. I dont think they were sent any special way either cos they just got posted through the letter box.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have asked for it to be sent recorded, even if it did mean paying that bit extra.   Hope it turns up.

However you post stuff, you get a cash receipt from the PO, it will have the time and date, the service used and the weight of the parcel, it won't have any address details on unless you get a proof o

Seventy five quid is NOT loose change, if it is then you've got too much anyway and it's quite right that someone is helping you spread it around!

the person told me his missus posted it as least as possible which i dont blam,e them as it would of cost a lot in postage fees but if they werent going to post it when they said they were going to i wouldnt of minded it long as they told me the truth even a few days later i wouldnt of minded

However you post stuff, you get a cash receipt from the PO, it will have the time and date, the service used and the weight of the parcel, it won't have any address details on unless you get a proof of posting.

Either way, like anything, if it can't be proved it was posted ........ then it wasn't end of story.

Why would anyone risk posting something worth £75 without using a signed for service?

You should have insisted on RMSD for that value at this time of year, it would have cost you £5 ish extra but ........

• Like 1

hi strong stuff know what your saying mate end of the day were all together on this site but why should someone try and rip some other human being off for a bit of loose change for me ive been in some desperate times but i wouldnt try and rob somebody else and get a bad name which i will be doing very soon thanks for you reply though mate

hi strong stuff know what your saying mate end of the day were all together on this site but why should someone try and rip some other human being off for a bit of loose change for me ive been in some desperate times but i wouldnt try and rob somebody else and get a bad name which i will be doing very soon thanks for you reply though mate

Seventy five quid is NOT loose change, if it is then you've got too much anyway and it's quite right that someone is helping you spread it around! :laugh:

• Like 1

fair enough ss im only trying to get the person who is responsible for this to come out of his stone and say something to defend himself like i said if the item arrives tomorrow or wednesday ill apologise but after that i will slate him cheers DM

hope it does turn up for you mate,me and yous sent quite a few items bk and forth with no problem, but it might be an hold up some where, saying that its been a while hasnt it, im still waiting for an mp4 player which was sent on the 16th dec,lol,but 75 quid is a lot of money these days, like you said mate give it till wednesday thursday and hopfully it'l turn up, atb foxtails

I sent a birthday card for my nephew back in September, it was sent first class recorded but I lost the receipt with tracking number on it. He never received the card until the beginning of Dec. The Royal Snail!

I just sent an air rifle on 7th, it should be there for no later than 1pm on the 8th (today) that is Royal Mail Special Delivery and cost me £24.50. Expensive, but it was seriously well packaged and the packaging will have added a lot to the cost due to weight.

I would rather that though to make sure it arrives in perfect condition with no bumps or knocks.

My local post office laugh when i come in with all manner of things wrapped they often try and guess what i am sending,last year i sent a small outboard looked like a giant chicken leg they are still asking me what it was :icon_eek: I know village life how sad lol :whistling: Hope you get sorted digger.

However you post stuff, you get a cash receipt from the PO, it will have the time and date, the service used and the weight of the parcel, it won't have any address details on unless you get a proof of posting.

Either way, like anything, if it can't be proved it was posted ........ then it wasn't end of story.

Why would anyone risk posting something worth £75 without using a signed for service?

You should have insisted on RMSD for that value at this time of year, it would have cost you £5 ish extra but ........

the book i sent before christmas was sent second class, i have the proof of posting and liz the post mistress writes the post code of the parcel on proof of posting tickets, however the lad hasnt received it, proof of posting doesnt really help other than i know ive sent it and can prove it, in the end i refunded the lads money, so even with proof of posting the cost of the book and the money he paid im still the only one out of pocket. in future the only way i will post anything is 1st class recorded delivery. even then unless you pay the extra for items with a value of over £40 you are still taking a chance.

i take it you've been in touch with the bloke you bought them off

you really should of insisted on 1st class signed for or gauranteed before 1pm next day

i know it should'nt be like that but thats the way it is

every thing i send has to be signed for and alot of the time i stand the postage

my own piece of mind that it gets there