Fell Hounds .?

Just watched (countryfile) and it had fell hounds doing there racing events, (10) miles all over the fells. They were great very fast, Brill stamina, and tough as old boots :yes: . Wonder if they ever used them in lurcher xs before? just say a 1/4 fell hound to lurcher x , could really had that extra wind+ toughness, :thumbs: .But suppose like most hounds might be bit vocal ,? i know a lad who had bullxgrey x fox houndx grey and it was very good dog, quite and tackle any quarry very full on.!! Anyway just a thought :thumbs:

I had fellhoundxgreyxbullxgrey pup I only had him until he was 6-7 months old and I give him 2 a mate because he really liked him & he pestered the death out of me for him and he turned out a real hard grafter but sadly had to be pts started killing stock :( atb cbx

I had fellhoundxgreyxbullxgrey pup I only had him until he was 6-7 months old and I give him 2 a mate because he really liked him & he pestered the death out of me for him and he turned out a real hard grafter but sadly had to be pts started killing stock :( atb cbx

The dog should have been stock broken by the time it was 6 to 7 months old,another jukel that met a fate it never deserved because of a feckless owner.
  • Like 2

I would say they have feet that are second to none to. :thumbs:

yeh great feet, and great stamina, they looked very fit+ tough dogs :yes:

I think, but may be mistaken, that the racing fell hounds are specifically bred for that sport and are becoming separate from the true fell hound?

You ever been out with a fell pac Bird? Them hounds cover what is probably some of the toughest terrain this island has to offer! And by christ they can fly across it! f*****g great times!

• Like 2

The dog should have been stock broken by the time it was 6 to 7 months old,another jukel that met a fate it never deserved because of a feckless owner.

he was stock broken mate his hesd just went for some reason he didn't touch stock until he was 5 year old, I won't keep a dog's that kill stock mate ;) atb cbx

I think, but may be mistaken, that the racing fell hounds are specifically bred for that sport and are becoming separate from the true fell hound?

You ever been out with a fell pac Bird? Them hounds cover what is probably some of the toughest terrain this island has to offer! And by christ they can fly across it! f*****g great times!

yes i think your right regards them hounds racing, i think they were bred for just that sport, the way the woman was talking to ( matt baker) about them. and the other fell hounds as you say prob differnt kind of dog. No never been out with a fell pack, would be great to see it, but prob couldnt keep up on foot with them even slow hounds , from what you say :laugh: :laugh:

he was stock broken mate his hesd just went for some reason he didn't touch stock until he was 5 year old, I won't keep a dog's that kill stock mate ;) atb cbx

shame that , ive heard that kind of thing before where dog been great for many years with sheep, then out of the blue they kill 1. But after all they are only dogs a (wolf) cousin :yes: not machines .!!

The dog was knacked for stock killing,heads up mucker,the dog was not stock broken.The best trained dogs sometimes have a primeval error,as long as they learn from it and run true afterwards,fair play.What they learn as a pup usually carries them for life.

yes i think your right regards them hounds racing, i think they were bred for just that sport, the way the woman was talking to ( matt baker) about them. and the other fell hounds as you say prob differnt kind of dog. No never been out with a fell pack, would be great to see it, but prob couldnt keep up on foot with them even slow hounds , from what you say :laugh: :laugh:

Let the huntsman do all the running! Crack on with a couple of wiley old dogs that have hunted with the pack all their lives, climb out keep ya height and watch the hunting below, like being at the top of the worlds largest sports stadium! Just hope the hounds don't turn back around the other side of the fell or into the next dale :laugh: , can be hit and miss if ya not on the ball.

it was a shame ray because he was a good hard grafter but he turned to wool once & that was it my mate tryed all methods, eletric collar but still no joy so had to be pts atb cbx

shame that , ive heard that kind of thing before where dog been great for many years with sheep, then out of the blue they kill 1. But after all they are only dogs a (wolf) cousin :yes: not machines .!!