Injured hare

Guest MOLLY

Got knocked out of bed bright an early this morning after my late night by a bouncy full of energy Longdogrunner. To show me a hare his dog caught this morning <_< :mellow: .

Poor animal had tried to run away :cry: .

leglesshare2.jpg

leglesshare1.jpg

leglesshare.jpg

Now tell me how long that animal would have suffered if there weren't people still going out in the countryside with working dogs? :realmad:

What do you think caused these injuries...harvester perhaps?

And cos hunting people generally dont like waste, he is currently being devoured by 3 furts. :11:

MOLL.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those injuries are f**k all to do with snares Dave.A combine or Silage cutter is what had done that.Poor b*****d!! :hunter:

Could have been a whole host of things that caused that, silage cutter, snare, combine, rta, rubbish such as glass and sharp metal left around or other junk it could have got traped in. one thing is for sure we will never no for sure.

Good thing is it is out of it missery now.

Am I right in thinking to course that would have been compleatly legal due to it being injured?

dave

Guest MOLLY
Those injuries are f**k all to do with snares Dave.A combine or Silage cutter is what had done that.Poor b*****d!! :hunter:

Could have been a whole host of things that caused that, silage cutter, snare, combine, rta, rubbish such as glass and sharp metal left around or other junk it could have got traped in. one thing is for sure we will never no for sure.

Good thing is it is out of it missery now.

Am I right in thinking to course that would have been compleatly legal due to it being injured?

dave

What course :blink::unsure:

It still would have been illegal to kill it, the hunting with dogs act does'nt state anything about injured animals just that is is illegal to kill them with dogs. But intent is a different thing an injured animal like that could have been killed by any dog. Im sure if LDR dog hadnt accidentally killed it then he would have done so with his hands :yes:

MOLL.

Dave, stop refering to snares when it comes to that hare.If you look closely you can see that the hares bones have been smashed with force.Ive snared 100s of hares and caught many by the leg and the skin is barely marked.Now that hare has had a injury caused by a cutting machine so leave snares out of it! :hunter:

Dave, stop refering to snares when it comes to that hare.If you look closely you can see that the hares bones have been smashed with force.Ive snared 100s of hares and caught many by the leg and the skin is barely marked.Now that hare has had a injury caused by a cutting machine so leave snares out of it! :hunter:

As I said unless you were there you will never know what happend to it. I am not saying it is or is not any thing for sure!

I have seen hares with feet nearly cut threw from snairs but as you say not with fractured bones but trying to run on bone ends may well splinter them.

Dave

Guest MOLLY
I have seen hares with feet nearly cut threw from snairs but as you say not with fractured bones but trying to run on bone ends may well splinter them.

Dave

:11: :11: :11: :11: :11: So sorry to laugh Dave, but it would have had to have been hopping for several years on the stumps to get the shortest one down the 3-4inches it was missing. :D

MOLL.

Never said it definately was caused by a snair but take objection to being told what I can and cant say. Personaly I see it as ignorant to dismiss posibilities and that was all I was offering

The reason I mentioned a snair is years ago I was walking a fence with a [bANNED TEXT] and a hare that had been caught in one of my snairs by the leg lept out from the hedge went the full length of the snair wire and the cord holding said snair then is stoped dead (the dog was on it in seconds) nearly severing the foot so I would not see it as impossable if it was strugeling for a bit longer to take the foot clean off.

I did not think a hare would be so stupid as to get caught up with a combine in an open field in daylight. and have personaly not seen it before.

Dave

I have seen plenty of hares and seen them clap thousands of times but when danger comes close in day light the flight mechanism tends to kick in and they feck of or try to. It is not as if a combine is a fast moving vehicle such as a MX bike or 4x4

I assume you have seen loads with their feet cut off by combines then??