1st night

Guest MOLLY

Guest MOLLY

Decided the nights are now cool enough for the dogs to have a few runs so went out at 11pm to the farm for my 1st nights lamping' alone' :ph34r: :cry: .

A field opposite the farmer where he keeps the hunt horses is always full of rabbits through the day, the farmer has complained a few times now about them going in his sons garden...tried to explain the cover is to high to ferret. Unfortunately tonight the horses hadn't been taken in and they were quite spooked by our presence. Just walked a small distance when spotted 3 bunnies together, all the training from Millet and Woodga went completely out of the window in my excitement :hunter: , slipped Khan in an unsuitable place and he missed the 1st one. But the hours of recall training at the farm seem to have paid off he came straight back to me. The next bunnie was making for the set under a tree, these rabbits don't appear to have been lamped very much if at all and panicked, after a good run he caught our 1st one ever out solo :yahoo: . Had a quick walk about the lady's permission but the cover was very high and nothing seemed to be out.......although it could be im not good enough yet to spot them. Back to the car and onto the farmers field. (Whilst receiving text instructions from Millet) :11:

There are 4 hots spots for bunnies in this field, nothing appeared in the 1st one but Khan got a good quick catch in the next one. Walked on further to the top of a dip which always has bunnies sat well out...nothing to be seen. So read a few more texts from Millet :yes::good: and away into the cover we went, still couldn't see anything and decided the sheep had obviously alerted the rabbits we were coming :yes::yes::yes: . Then saw one move into some long thistles, when i got there i went over and over but couldn't see it till it dashed for freedom, this one managed to get away, but Khan came straight back so still a plus. I walked a little further and spotted some eyes a good distance away, kept the lamp on it and Khan had a longish slip but after a good run caught it........this time however he didn't bring it back, instead lay down with it at his feet! :angry:

1stlampkahn1.jpg

I tried walking away, calling him etc but he never moved so i had to go and get it.

The next hot spot had 3 sat out, the one he chased gave him a good twisting run but managed to get under a sheep gathering thingy and got away...this time though he did hunt up, nose to the ground trying to find them himself. :realmad:

Thought it was probably time to call it a night whilst he was still doing quite well and to prevent more episodes of hunting up plus it was getting misty. Then i spotted 1 strolling about in the 1st hotspot there hadn't been anything earlier. Slipped him and it ran past another sheep thingy, and it was out of the beam, saw Khan stop look around and take off again, i was devastated thinking he was hunting up again when i heard the rabbit scream. Again he lied down and refused to come, but on the whole he did really well considering my lamping skills are not a patch on Millet and Woodgas.

He got 4 out of 7 runs in nearly 2 hrs........and im still buzzin now. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

1stlampkhan.jpg

Sorry theres no action shots but got so excited kept forgetting to take any piccies :icon_redface:

MOLL.

Guest Lurcherbitch

Cracking post Moll, so pleased for ya you deserve a good few nights.... & bunnies in ya freezer :D .

Am so sorry about your nails though :cry: Dont no what to say except ....quick get down to the manacurist befor anyone notice's :D .

Guest MOLLY
Cracking post Moll, so pleased for ya you deserve a good few nights.... & bunnies in ya freezer :D .

Am so sorry about your nails though :cry: Dont no what to say except ....quick get down to the manacurist befor anyone notice's  :D .

:( Ive had to trim them LB............mind you makes it easier to get the muck out :11:

MOLL.

Guest MOLLY
would you ever come over here and take paddy out on the lamp  :D  :D

You trying to get rid of him or summit :whistle: :11:

Of course i would ;)

how honest you are on how your dogs work!!!
...if you tell fibs you always get caught, and im never gonna get the correct advice if i tell everyone the dogs are 100% perfect killing machines......although having said that Jazz is rather special, and Terra is the best ever ratter known to man :yes::icon_redface: :11: :11: :11:

MOLL.

Guest CharlieC

Brilliant Moll :clapper::clapper::good::good::rocker::rocker:

Dont worry about the going out alone thing, you will get to like it, I love going out myself, I think you get more killed when your on your own cos you make less noise, the only downside is not having a pal to help you carry the catch. :D

Hope you have many more nights like this :good::good: