Digging on railway lines

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just because it stinks dosnt mean it being used, if it is being used get a dog that marks and when there not home fill it in and they will use another earth

A repellent such as creosote ? Never used a repellent before myself but I've heard it's a good way to shift them from deep holes to the diggable better suited holes for the next days venture if used a

If your fond of a dig james, come up to donegal i will put you to a few 16 to 20 footers, bring a packed lunch and some torches

What is your instinct telling you james, I wouldnt want to loose a good terrier and if i wasnt sure i would move on,,, not worth the life of a terrier for a fox. You can get diggable earths on railway lines as long as the earth is running into an field of clay.

• Like 1

I have some permission with a redundant line on and by f##k is it hard goin and if its built up your in for some graft but you usually find when other places fail to hold usually find the line will. And if its in use you will probably get a visit as they usually patrolled or watched atb mate happy hunting

we have dug a few earths that were runing away from the line and out into a field but i know a few that ran the other way under the tracks wouldnt go near them.we once dug on a line that had been closed for years we got the dog right in between the railway sleepers at about 5 foot off very hard ground so be very careful were you put your dog.

• Like 1

well lads would u dig on a railway line. I found a place near me sticken of foxes beside the line. would they be under the line...? is it worth trying or a a no go your oppinions please

Just because it stinks dosnt mean it being used, if it is being used get a dog that marks and when there not home fill it in and they will use another earth :yes:

• Like 5