Beaters day tomorrow lol ;-)

It's our beaters day tomorrow lol had about 10 regular beaters turning up for 10 driven days come rain or shine but just watch every man and his dog crawl out of the wood work tomorrow!!! I think there was about 30 turned up with guns last year!! I also turned around on 1 drive and one of the bloody syndicate guns was shooting!!! Organised chaos but never mind should still get a bit of shooting ;)

It's our beaters day tomorrow lol had about 10 regular beaters turning up for 10 driven days come rain or shine but just watch every man and his dog crawl out of the wood work tomorrow!!! I think there was about 30 turned up with guns last year!! I also turned around on 1 drive and one of the bloody syndicate guns was shooting!!! Organised chaos but never mind should still get a bit of shooting ;)

Should be a good day, you are lucky to be shooting now, with still a few weeks left.

The same thing happens on the shoot near us, with hangers on turning up on the beaters day, so they now put a minimum number of days that you must have turned up before you can shoot. Funny as feck last year as a few ended up having to beat, and were not allowed to shoot. (the guns usually beat, on our beaters day)

it,s keepers day and not beaters day !! i was once told time for the keeper to repay any favours back,

Nope, on ours it's "beaters day"

The guns repay the beaters with sweat and tears!

Every syndicate gun and any friends come and beat for the beaters who stand for every shoot!

They then each stick £50 in the kitty for the "beaters do" and we have one hell of a night :laugh:

Beaters and guns attend the do, a pie and chips meal in a private room, followed by drinks, a hunt sing song, and a toast to friends no longer with us!

Very defiantly a beaters day.

The keepers day is the one the keeper invites all the people for a shoot who have helped out throughout the year, and some of his personal friends.

it,s keepers day and not beaters day !! i was once told time for the keeper to repay any favours back,

Meh, semantics! Everybody I know calls it beaters day.

Ours is usually a quiet day. Only probably 4 or 5 of the beaters actually shoot, I used to but standing having birds driven over you does jack shit for me. Probably half of the syndicate guns turn up and make up the numbers with around 5 or 6 of us beating. Usually a good crack with a bag of 20-40 to round up the season.

Our keeper calls it beaters day and that's all that matters to us. As predicted there were a few faces Ive never seen but hey ho was a good day lots of banter and Mick taking, my mate had 27 shots and didn't hit squat lol I had 15 for 6 pheasants total bag was a terrible 32 pheasants and 3 woodcock between about 20 - 25 guns lol got walk and stand now till the end of the season where the guns and beaters just split in to two teams and everybody shoots so the beaters are on a good screw on our shoot and I'm not complaining ;)

Atb ant

Our keeper calls it beaters day and that's all that matters to us. As predicted there were a few faces Ive never seen but hey ho was a good day lots of banter and Mick taking, my mate had 27 shots and didn't hit squat lol I had 15 for 6 pheasants total bag was a terrible 32 pheasants and 3 woodcock between about 20 - 25 guns lol got walk and stand now till the end of the season where the guns and beaters just split in to two teams and everybody shoots so the beaters are on a good screw on our shoot and I'm not complaining ;)

Atb ant

Hold on, hold on.........are you shooting now till the 1st of Feb?????

Yep walk one stand one for the next 3 Saturday's ;)

Does nobody shoot pheasants down there in January apart from beaters ffs..... :laugh: .....Enjoy yersel.... :thumbs:

It's just a syndicate, no let days, they do 2 boundary days at the start of the season then 10 full driven days then after that it's walk and stand and the beaters that have put the effort in get to walk AND stand ;) also beaters day with a lunch provided ;) it's great! Not many shoots like this so forgive me for not naming it lol

Atb ant

• Like 1

Good do then I've got a walk one stand one beaters day and pegged beaters day and 3 mop up days to come before the end of the season our last paid day is sat then its last guest day next sat another shoot then its us the beaters turn on the 26th 28th 31st and 1st n no more till nov a bit of a rest lol . But will soon start catching up and putting pens up ready for next year oh joys hey !

• 2 weeks later...

all we get is a beaters day then a keepers day but its a right good laugh being able to go to work and have the pressure of having paying guns lifted from you we still do a good job because you want birds in front of your friends

got my first beaters day this saturday and bloody dreading it, was getting used to shooting 20 bore but guns knackered, so now borrowing a keepers 12bore, so new gun, never used, im nervous as heck lol.... must say though will make a change loosing my hat in the brambles.