Whats the best time of the evening/night for fox??

Thanks for all the answers folks. Much appreciated! :)

My monies on what "Richie 10" said with all the hordes .223 owners out there perhaps there all cleared up, or very lamp shy? I'd of thought charlie would consider it an honour to be taken down by a .204 Ruger instead of a .223!! :laugh:

I'll try differing times and see how it goes....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats some shot 35 miles. You should be on the next series of top shot. LOL

What's with the weird lettering?

My 2 cents worth would say to be where you want to be just as it's getting dark. Then work later into the night depending on results. A fox can be around any time of the day or night. Even with the le

My monies on what "Richie 10" said with all the hordes .223 owners out there perhaps there all cleared up, or very lamp shy? I'd of thought charlie would consider it an honour to be taken down by a .204 Ruger instead of a .223!! :laugh:

sounds like they formed an underground union and are protesting that you have a .204 ruger!!

Edited by riflehunter583
  • Like 1

sounds like they formed an underground union and are protesting that you have a .204 ruger!!

:laugh: Maybe!

I saw one today at 3.40pm very close to the farm house.

It was running flat out away from me into a small coppice. It looked to be a very big fox. It's coat was very red and it looked abit rough! I only had my .17hmr anyhow, so unless it was a sure head shot at 40 yards max i wouldn't have tried to shoot it anyhow.

a 17hmr would kil it further than 40yrd mate.

I have shot them to 130 in the chest, no problems :thumbs:

You must be confident of you own skill with the rifle, and ensure conditions are right.

.22 will drop them at far more 40 :thumbs:

Not the weapon of choice I know, but far more foxes get dropped with 6 shot out of a 12 bore probably! Nobody ever seems to whinge about that :laugh:

It was running flat out away from me into a small coppice. It looked to be a very big fox. It's coat was very red and it looked abit rough! I only had my .17hmr anyhow, so unless it was a sure head shot at 40 yards max i wouldn't have tried to shoot it anyhow.

mate you needed to catch that fox, it was probably the union rep!! :laugh:

By the state of him he must be the "Boss"! :laugh:

They're using HMR's in Syria now to take out Govt tanks, true story :yes:

:laugh:

I know the calibre is well capable of dropping a fox way over 40-5- yards, as a .22lr would. It's more a case of me being too over cautious on the clean kill thing....

Having spoken with the farm owner it's seen at that location on a regular basis. So we'll meet soon enough!

Whats with the .17hmr Syria story??

By the state of him he must be the "Boss"! :laugh:

what did he look like mate? was he lamp shy?

They're using HMR's in Syria now to take out Govt tanks, true story :yes:

I know the calibre is well capable of dropping a fox way over 40-5- yards, as a .22lr would. It's more a case of me being too over cautious on the clean kill thing....

Having spoken with the farm owner it's seen at that location on a regular basis. So we'll meet soon enough!

Whats with the .17hmr Syria story??

Got a .223 so never shot a fox with my HMR, shot them out to 80 yards with my 22 though when I had it.

Syria, messing, there are/used to be a few knocking about online reckoned the HMR could do any job at any range, got fairly amusing for a while.