knife sharpening

woz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Bob and Woz,   We manufacture the Blade Tech Knife sharpener and I can 110% guarantee that it will not damage any knife you put through it whether it's a cheap knife or expensive as long as it's

Hi....I carry an opinal knife and a blade tech sharpener in my pocket every day and it does fine....with my hand made skinning knife the sharper wasn't any use at all..it put a inbalanced beval on the

Woz, has your knife got a secondary bevel on it,- its more difficult to sharpen that type. Getting the correct angle, on that secondary bevel.

I find a straight grind to be best anyway, but there again, just my opinion.

Edited by Gin

Hi gin....sorry for slow reply interweb is dodgy out hear in the sticks...my knife had a secondary beval when I knackered it up with the blade tech....its now just a straight sharpen.....I layed the blade flat on the water stone then pressed on the beval of the blade to get the right angle...it took a few hours to undo all the damage lol

Hi WOZ, sorry i see you had got it sorted. It will be much easier now to sharpen it up.

My mate has the good wet stones, but i managed ok with the Fallkniven DC3 stone, as shown.

Best wishes

Dave

I started to install my generator yesterday and sat it on some horse mat rubber.it didn't work so iv had to Jack the generator up which was a mission cuz it weighs just short of a ton..I used the knife to cut through the rubber and with a mixture of sand and hitting concrete a couple of times its knocked the edge off it quite badly so iv got an evening of reshapening ahead of me lol

If its a good knife I wouldnt use a bladetech, apparently they ruin a good `un. I thought they were good, certainly do the trick for opinel`s. I would of thought a whetsone would have done the job. Do you think you could have done it in with the bladetech? I would try and grind an edge on it with a 600 stone then hone with a 1000/6000 stone. Youtube have loads of whetstone vids.

Woz, has your knife got a secondary bevel on it,- its more difficult to sharpen that type. Getting the correct angle, on that secondary bevel.

Hi Bob and Woz,

We manufacture the Blade Tech Knife sharpener and I can 110% guarantee that it will not damage any knife you put through it whether it's a cheap knife or expensive as long as it's used correctly. If you're still having problems with the knife and/or the sharpener then please, by all means send it and/or the knife back to us mate. We'll sharpen your knife up for you and see if your Blade Tech if defective. If it is we will simply replace it and return the knife and replacement sharpener. If the sharpener is fine we will resharpen your knife and return the knife and the original sharpener. our details are;

Blade Tech

STS North Wales Ltd,

School Bank Road

Llanrwst

Conwy

LL26 0HU

01492 640664

sales@stsnorthwales.co.uk

You can see a video tutorial here http://sportingcutlery.co.uk/sharpeners/sharpeners-by-manufacturer/blade-tech/blade-tech-red.html

If you need anything else please contact us via the details above or PM me mate :thumbs:

ATB

Sam

• Like 2

If its a good knife I wouldnt use a bladetech, apparently they ruin a good `un. I thought they were good, certainly do the trick for opinel`s. I would of thought a whetsone would have done the job. Do you think you could have done it in with the bladetech? I would try and grind an edge on it with a 600 stone then hone with a 1000/6000 stone. Youtube have loads of whetstone vids.

Hi Bob and Woz,

We manufacture the Blade Tech Knife sharpener and I can 110% guarantee that it will not damage any knife you put through it whether it's a cheap knife or expensive as long as it's used correctly. If you're still having problems with the knife and/or the sharpener then please, by all means send it and/or the knife back to us mate. We'll sharpen your knife up for you and see if your Blade Tech if defective. If it is we will simply replace it and return the knife and replacement sharpener. If the sharpener is fine we will resharpen your knife and return the knife and the original sharpener. our details are;

Blade Tech

STS North Wales Ltd,

School Bank Road

Llanrwst

Conwy

LL26 0HU

01492 640664

sales@stsnorthwales.co.uk

You can see a video tutorial here http://sportingcutle...e-tech-red.html

If you need anything else please contact us via the details above or PM me mate :thumbs:

ATB

Sam

Fair play.... :thumbs:

Hi....I carry an opinal knife and a blade tech sharpener in my pocket every day and it does fine....with my hand made skinning knife the sharper wasn't any use at all..it put a inbalanced beval on the blade....a wet stone really is the only way iv found to get a decent edge on this blade......the blade tech sharpeners are perfect to carry daily and shapen my opinel...

• Like 1

You need to get yourself a good method and practise practise practise.

It's taken me years to be able to sharpen a knife free hand. You can feel it when your sharpening correctly.

Angle guides are always good and really the whole sharpening thing is dependent on the knife you have and what you will be using it for.

Hi....I carry an opinal knife and a blade tech sharpener in my pocket every day and it does fine....with my hand made skinning knife the sharper wasn't any use at all..it put a inbalanced beval on the blade....a wet stone really is the only way iv found to get a decent edge on this blade......the blade tech sharpeners are perfect to carry daily and shapen my opinel...

You need to get yourself a good method and practise practise practise.

It's taken me years to be able to sharpen a knife free hand. You can feel it when your sharpening correctly.

Angle guides are always good and really the whole sharpening thing is dependent on the knife you have and what you will be using it for.

to an extent the same goes for the Blade Tech too mate.

If you don't hold the knife directly in the centre of the two wedges it will put more of a bevel on one side than the other. In the same way as using a steel or a stone

I promise ;)

ATB

Sam