fast set longnet system

Has anybody got and tried my Fast set longnet system. Ive been using this system for approx 18 yrs daytime and at night. I find it exceptionally easy to use and most poeple that have purchased one from me come back for more.

But I would be interested to hear from long netters what there opinions are. I sold a 100yd net today to a chap that had previously had a 70yd net, he compared using the fast net system to the traditional net as like using a line ferret when you could use a ferret finder.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody got and tried my Fast set longnet system. Ive been using this system for approx 18 yrs daytime and at night. I find it exceptionally easy to use and most poeple that have purchased one from me come back for more.

But I would be interested to hear from long netters what there opinions are. I sold a 100yd net today to a chap that had previously had a 70yd net, he compared using the fast net system to the traditional net as like using a line ferret when you could use a ferret finder.

Yes, i got a 50yard and a 100yard System off you last year and i have had some Brilliant Fun using them. I found them simple to use (even for someone as thick as me :doh: ). I use my Nets mostly whilst Ferreting but have had some Good Bags whilst using them for an 'After Dark' session. :thumbs:

have you gaot any quickset nets at the moment at 25 yard 6 oz master hunter

wllrennyferreter, If you only want a 25yd net, try one of my 20yd stop nets.These have 100% bag, 40yds of net on 20yds of line. Bottom line of the net is a leaded line. Fixed tubular steel pole on both ends leaded lne on the end of one pole slides to the middle of that pole. top and bottom line are pinched together, pointed end of that pole pierces through selvedge and lines arms lenght at a time, same as picking up a trad net.You set it the same as a trad net but you use a third loose pole to hold the net up in the middle.Ideal nets for ferreting and dogging in the daytime. Net comes complete with a carrying bag for £45.00 plus carriage. Check out our web site www.masterhunter.co.uk

Has anybody got and tried my Fast set longnet system.

How does yours differ from the other systems available?

MikeTheDog, firstly I dont use fibreglass poles as I have found the poles that I use will push into hard ground where as fibreglass won't.My poles are also lighter than fibreglass. They are shod with a stainless steel point and they taper from 5/16 to 9/16 made from tensile steel.Powder coated green and capped with a rubber ferrule, which makes it easier to push into the ground.

At the moment other systems that are available have pins that stick up or loops that stick up to hold the poles in position ion the basket frame. My bag and frame does not have this. To hold the poles in position there are two U shapes in the frame which are lower than the top of the bag. This means when you are setting the net, after you have positioned the first pole the second pole raises out of the U's and touch's your hands. This goes on in sequence untill the last pole.

To pick up the net you take the last pole set, place it in the U's ,walk forward along the net feeding the net into the bag. Take the second pole, lay it with the first pole and so on in sequence. With the other systems the poles do not raise up as their carriers are on the same plain as the top of the bag plus the net has to be lifted over the pins and loops.

100yds of my system can be run out in approx 2mins and picked up in 7mins.

regards Master Hunter

mike the dog, i think you will find its like this type of net basket, you know the one that simon whitehead was showing you early on this season whilst out with you and your netting partner. Only the one you saw was of a take apart design to help save space when storage can be a problem

longnet004-1.jpg

longnet002.jpg

at 40quid posted i think there a good deal :thumbs:

Masterhunter. on your 20yrd stop net the poles seem to be 10yrds apart as you describe it, do you find this a little bit of a distance causing the top line to sag upon a rabbit striking the net? :hmm:

Edited by mole catcher
Guest The Big Fish

Master hunter, a couple of points that I would raise....

Firstly, I can’t see what the problem you have with fibreglass poles is. I live not a stones throw from you, so am on similar ground, chalk, flint etc and I have no problems getting the poles in the ground. Admittedly I have to re-sharpen the poles once in a while, but I would think that the same would be for any material if used frequently.

Powder coat must inevitably wear off with the constant abrasion against sharp flints and stones in this area? And thus your poles will corrode in the end.

Secondly, I can’t see how your design of basket differs from the other commercially available baskets on the market. The main flaw that I have found, is that when leaning over to get the poles in hard ground, the poles will tend to end up on the floor and the net will stay in the basket. Not a good combination.

I have designed and made my own type of basket, not perfect by any means, but it does solve the problem of the poles wanting to fall out when at an angle to the ground.

I only make these baskets for friends, so I am not in competition with you, nor do I have an axe to grind with you, I am merely pointing out some short falls in your system that maybe could be rectified.

Regards

TBF.

_MG_7532resize.jpg

mike the dog, i think you will find its like this type of net basket, you know the one that simon whitehead was showing you early on this season whilst out with you and your netting partner. Only the one you saw was of a take apart design to help save space when storage can be a problem

longnet004-1.jpg

longnet002.jpg

Masterhunter. on your 20yrd stop net the poles seem to be 10yrds apart as you describe it, do you find this a little bit of a distance causing the top line to sag upon a rabbit striking the net? :hmm:

That looks to be a clever old piece of kit 'Mole catcher'.... :hmm:

I've never really used the basket and net combo,..maybe its time I walked into the 21st Century.. :laugh:

Many of the baskets on offer from the various suppliers are no doubt fairly priced,..but still way outside my own meagre funds :cray: IF I can manage to save some small portion of my weekly allowance, I would dearly love to purchase one of your most excellent long netting accessories...Many thanks for showing us your wares... :thumbs:

Edited by CHALKWARREN

longnet004-1.jpg

longnet002.jpg

molecatcher, yes, you are right, the top line does sag down a bit when a rabbit is in the net. But doesn't stop it from catching more rabbits at the same time. I designed these nets primarily for ferreters who just want to run a short net at right angles to a hedge or through an open hedge they are ferreting.. Rabbits chew holes in nets if left for any amount of time so of course people "on the ball" will despatch the rabbits in the net, dissentangle them and tighten the net back up ready for the next rabbit. regards masterhunter