How do you keep your dogs energy levels up?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No amount of feeding or fancy drinks or adatives will make up for a lack of fitness and the simple fact is most folks don't excersise their dogs anywhere near enough to replicate a full day in the fe

Ha Ha HA,thats made me chuckle Whirling Derbish,what ever it is ? It may be that dried food thats not helping sending it up ? you`ll know what i mean 26% an all that garble...................Get it on

Paulus,   It does make a difference to the dogs general condition over a period of time when you are working dogs seriously,all the crack on the circuit during the picking up season is "i`ve got mi

i spoke to the lad about the various things said on here, Exercise- the dog gets and hour and half mostly free running a day ( i tend to beleive this as the chap is a wealthy bloke with a lot of spare time). Feeding- he wasnt keen on raw food but has increased the dogs intake and has bought the pemmican bar, Cold- he will get the dog a neoprene vest for inbetween drives.

However i nearly pissed myself laughing yesterday when he turned up without the dog as his missus wouldnt let him bring it shooting as it had a runny nose! honest to god it nearly spoiled his Christmas arguing with her!

Still its nice to know the dog is a treasured pet as well a working dog!

Regards

Keith

Ha,

Well i`d get that conflict of interest sorted first,they need to be singing off the same hymn sheet.

If the guy is only working the dog once a week ( and hard ),it`s a bit of a big call for the dog even if the dog is getting long free ranging walks.It`s like all training in life, you can`t beat the real thing to get fit.The pemican bar will help to a degree with the stop start type performance that working dogs come across.

But really, the dog ain`t gonna get fit on a lead at home,he just needs to read his dog better and give it a breather if need be.

I`d rather have mine keel over working,than lying in front of the fire.

jingle jingle.

• Like 1