x2 Hammer Hunter Laminated Catapults for Sale 1/2 Price XMAS Offer

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you clown .you have the neck to criticise me assuming im a poacher . Well guess what i am . has are a lot of people on here .The people your trying to rip of with these toys .you portray as the real m

Ouch Brookie , perhaps you should do a thread showing begingers how to make them cheaply so they can get out hunting and gain experience

i personally use a natural wood one its about 30 yrs old this particular fork .ive also seen some very usefull alloy forks that are very nice in the hand . try to get a fork that fits into your hand c

do you think these articles are excessively priced . im not jumping on your case .but i think that as some one whos used a catty in the field for nearly 50yrs ,im in a posistion to make comment. to any youngster looking to purchase a catty id say leave these well alone theyre not practical and poorly made .and most definately not made by experienced catty users. this post is only put up to save any youngsters wasting 50 quid .

No I don't think they are excessively priced whatsoever, have you purchased one? If not I don't know how you could possibly make comment on how they are made. They are not designed for youngsters they are catapults designed for adults. Each one takes roughly 5 hours to make, I then have my costs of: wood, fuel, abrasives, glues, theraband, leather, band saw blades, sanding belts, sanding drums, wood finishes, ebay/website costs etc. Not made by experienced catty users? I have been making them for a long time, and I also help run the worlds largest slingshot forum in my spare time, hardly something I'd be doing if I was unexperienced? Your points all sound unfounded, and much like someone with a grudge for some reason rather than any real point to make.

• Like 1

ive got to agree those little dremmel sanders are a fortune,and they only last 2 minutes,when you add up the costs and time i dont think theres much profit,it all depends what sort of catty it is and what it is used ie different woods , some wood is very expensive and some is for nowt

No I don't think they are excessively priced whatsoever, have you purchased one? If not I don't know how you could possibly make comment on how they are made. They are not designed for youngsters they are catapults designed for adults. Each one takes roughly 5 hours to make, I then have my costs of: wood, fuel, abrasives, glues, theraband, leather, band saw blades, sanding belts, sanding drums, wood finishes, ebay/website costs etc. Not made by experienced catty users? I have been making them for a long time, and I also help run the worlds largest slingshot forum in my spare time, hardly something I'd be doing if I was unexperienced? Your points all sound unfounded, and much like someone with a grudge for some reason rather than any real point to make.

my friend rest assured im more than worthy of making a comment .ive no doubt in my mind that ive more experience in the use of a catty in the field ..than most .as for five hours to make one .well ive never heard any thing so stupid to be honest .ive no grudge mate why would i have a grudge .ive only to look at this rubbish .because thats what it is .impractical rubbish and if your selling this to youngsters for such an

i exhorbitant price your ripping them of . you mention your experience .and make reference to help making them and running a slingshot forum .my experience is using a catty out in the field for over 45 yrs . combined with a high standard of field craft . honed from over 45 yrs of mooching and poaching .shooting roosting birds .rabbits .pigeons ducks etc etc etc day and night with a multitude of witnesses .my last foray a few nights ago i took 40 pheasants ..im not looking for an argument .but when i see bull like this i will respond . any youngster out there close enough to me im more than willing to show you how to make a proper stretcher which is efficent and teach you how to use it out in the field .my message to any one is dont buy this rubbish .its ok for a couple of quid to shoot bait into a pond ,but anything else dont make me laugh .

• Like 1

I have to agree with brookie how can you justify charging £50 for something thats not going to last 5 mins,,To be honest mate for what you are charging and for what you can get for a lot less money and looks and does exactly what it says on the tin i would not buy one,, Yahoo

my friend rest assured im more than worthy of making a comment .ive no doubt in my mind that ive more experience in the use of a catty in the field ..than most .as for five hours to make one .well ive never heard any thing so stupid to be honest .ive no grudge mate why would i have a grudge .ive only to look at this rubbish .because thats what it is .impractical rubbish and if your selling this to youngsters for such an

i exhorbitant price your ripping them of . you mention your experience .and make reference to help making them and running a slingshot forum .my experience is using a catty out in the field for over 45 yrs . combined with a high standard of field craft . honed from over 45 yrs of mooching and poaching .shooting roosting birds .rabbits .pigeons ducks etc etc etc day and night with a multitude of witnesses .my last foray a few nights ago i took 40 pheasants ..im not looking for an argument .but when i see bull like this i will respond . any youngster out there close enough to me im more than willing to show you how to make a proper stretcher which is efficent and teach you how to use it out in the field .my message to any one is dont buy this rubbish .its ok for a couple of quid to shoot bait into a pond ,but anything else dont make me laugh .

So all your comments are based on what you think, you have never actually seen one of our products up close. So how could you possibly comment on the construction and how long they last? Yes I think you will find 5 hours is about right, when you think wood has to be cross laminated, cut, routed, stuck, pinned, rough shaped, fine sanded, and then 2 coats of hard wax applied along with bands that need making and attaching. You sound like you have no real concept of woodworking skills whatsoever. Our catapults last for years, you only have to speak to our customers or see our Blog on the website to see how good our products are. There are a number of other catapult makers in the world who charge far higher than us.

As for taking pheasants at night with a catapult, shooting roosting birds is against the law. It just goes to show the sort of person you are to us all here!

50 quid for a catapult :icon_eek: i was always under the impression that apart from the bands, they were free or as cheap as chips so they could be tossed if needed, i was gonna buy me lad a nice wooden un, but at 50 quid i think we will be making them :whistling:

50 quid for a catapult :icon_eek: i was always under the impression that apart from the bands, they were free or as cheap as chips so they could be tossed if needed, i was gonna buy me lad a nice wooden un, but at 50 quid i think we will be making them :whistling:

If you want something made by hand to a high standard that's what you pay, there are other makes who will charge up to $500 for one!

If you want something made by hand to a high standard that's what you pay, there are other makes who will charge up to $500 for one!

wont charge me that pal, i aint even daft enuff to let you charge me 50 quid.....

• Like 1

wont charge me that pal, i aint even daft enuff to let you charge me 50 quid.....

Well I'm sure you can find some cheap plywood catapults on ebay that may be more to your price range :)

Well I'm sure you can find some cheap plywood catapults on ebay that may be more to your price range :)

are ye sure?? cos im pretty sure ill make my son 1 meself, 50 fooking quid :laugh: