Will Geese kick ducks off

As title suggests, will Geese bully duck off a flight pond. I have about 50 Greylag coming into a smallish flood and im not really fussed for shooting a lot more (got a few in freezer).

What i really want is to get a good build up of duck coming in before i hit it again. Im sticking in a sack of barley everyday at the moment :huh:

• Like 1

hi bud i have the big puddle and the ducks and geese seem to be ok together and i dont feed it up.les

Thanks Les, am going to hit it on Saturday. watched what was coming in tonight and suprised to see 3 Shelduck flop in and start hoovering up my barley :cray: Lots of geese milling round and pleased to see some mallard and teal coming in late doors aswell :victory:

On the ponds on my shoot they don't mind, we put ducks down and feed them up, and now we get about 50 Canada's drop on in the evening. It's abit cramped but they don't seem to care.

Thanks Quack, enjoy your season.

If anything the ducks seem to be more confident to come on to the pond when the geese are there we don't feed and the geese seem to stay there throughout the day as well but the numbers of duck have doubled since the geese arrived

Yeah that's true I suppose, if the its good enough for the geese :-D

I have kept large numbers of Mallard and various breeds of geese on my pond without trouble.

What will give you bother however is should Mute Swans take up residence!

Euilleam

Yes Euilleam, have a place on the west coast where a pair of Mute swans follow me round like a pair of Labradors hoovering up the barley as fast as I put it in........a real pain..........any suggestions to deter them I wonder lol