cutting a net or not?

B.P.R

so my sheet netting arrived from brinded. 100 yards of 4oz.

now looking at 'paid's instructions on making a quick, homemade net he had just pulled the lines through the top and bottom as it came like that.

my net has came like that too with the top and bottom of the net having a line through them. so should in theory just tie my 25yards of line (2×25yarders) to the line already there and pull it through as paid has done.

this is great but my net from top to bottom is about 5 1/5 foot. that would mean either a 4/5 ft high net or have FAR too much bagging.

what should i do?

thread the top line through and then painstakingly cut the whole 100yards of the bottom of the net?

this would take ages and be a right pain in the arsse.

any one done the same?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's counted evry not bob,,, Ile put 100 quid on it   Remember there's two nots to one mesh.....

i keep counting to 10 then run out of fingers. by the time ive took my socks and shoes off ive forgot what number i was on.

Feck me you don't listen to advice do ya,,, bet you've just counted down each not??   Get it strung up and set out and you will see...   Or of course if you still don't believ everyone,,,,,,,, ho

5 1/2foot high is a bit much is it no?

i need to cut my poles sometime, so need to know how high i should cut them? what height should i make my topline with that height of net?

with so much bag wont it be a pain in the arsse for tangles?

didnt think about losing some height once i stretched it out :thumbs:

Dont cut it thats the bagging :laugh: by the time you have set it at the height you require the bagging wont seem so bad , Mind its a longnet its supposed to have bagging , dont set it tight like a tennis net

Dont cut it thats the bagging :laugh: by the time you have set it at the height you require the bagging wont seem so bad , Mind its a longnet its supposed to have bagging , dont set it tight like a tennis net

thought you werent helping me after i accused you of eating all the quality street that you were giving to your pemission owner :tongue2:

aye, im aware of bagging and expected it but feck me 5 1/2foot of net with a topline of around 22"? that tangle-mania :icon_eek:

You'll def loose some hight once its out. Though there is no such thing as too much bagging. When you watch the odd rabbit bounce off, you will wish for more ;)

How many meshes high is it ?

quick trip to the garage.

its 30 meshes buddy. give or take 1 or 2 (speed counting) :laugh:

Just checked mine... 15 meshes.. Dont listen to me, Im talking shite lol. I wouldnt go cutting it just yet though. I know its a pain in the arse, I would try it out first and if it was too much then cut it. Where did you order it from just out of interest?

cheers for the help :icon_eek: 'dont cut it! its fine.....dont listen to me-cut the fcuker' :laugh:

ordered it from brinded nets.

Edited by Blue Pocket Rocket

Feck me you don't listen to advice do ya,,, bet you've just counted down each not??

Get it strung up and set out and you will see...

Or of course if you still don't believ everyone,,,,,,,, how about call brinded ?

• Like 1

Ha Ha Ha. I dont know why but I assumed most people ordered from Advanced now and got sent what I got sent.. Are you sure brinded didnt just send you what they had lying around as theres a few unhappy people dealt with them lately, and 30 meshes does sound monsterously deep, feck me, you could rip it lenth ways, add a selvedge to each edge and get two nets out of it.